How did they know if someone was Circumcised?

by RubaDub 30 Replies latest jw friends

• wozza
    wozza

Perhaps they knew each others status by 1: greeting each other with a grope through the gown instead of handshake or

2: the spiritual sisters just did what they do today ....gossip about the mens status

• choosing life
    choosing life

I think public bath houses and even large public toilets were common. I saw a show recently on the History channel that showed a large bathroom, I mean large, with many seats of marble for toilets.

I thought it was strange to have to share toilet time with a crowd.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well the more I think about it I would have to say the only way they could tell would be a no hands on free hanging lookie lu, what i mean is it would have to be soft not hard and free hanging with no hands holding it.

Because I never got mine clipped and when it's hard mine grows quiet large and may be mistaken for the clipped model. Also I could get a false positive if I use one of my hands to pull the loose skin back at the base making it appear bald headed.

After reading further I'm glad mom&dad never had mine clipped good thing it wasn't popular at the time though some of my freinds that were my age got it done, mom must have been happy with dad's bits which was also an uncut variety(thanks mom and dad).

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

They probably simply asked. I once met a fellow who had converted from Islam to Christianity. The man's father would always ask if the son had eaten "of that cursed pig." As long as the son could answer "no" the father would invite the son into the house. The son could have eaten and the father wouldn't have known, but the son refused to lie to his father - so he obstained from pork.

• hubert
    hubert

I guess they had "short arm inspections" in those days, too.

Hubert

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

There were plenty of opportunities to be seen in the nude, communal bathing being an obvious example.

Recall that Greeks believed that you were only naked if the glans were visible - games were played in the nude, and circumsized athletes would use artificial means to tie the available foreskin below the glans to give an uncircumsized look.

Also, note that circumcision at this time was not a heavy removal but rather a tip-trim.

• metatron
    metatron

I think there's a saying about this:

"When in doubt, whip it out"

metatron

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Pecker checker.

• Edington
    Edington

For so-called straight blokes, Jewish men are WAY too interested in others blokes cocks!

Also when is a 'tip trim' really circumcision, I mean sometimes I have an 'off the shoulder' look & sometimes I do not, yet I am not circumcised.

No wonder Jews hated dogs so much, it reminded them of themselves & how interested THEY were in 'getting to know' each other.

Ed

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I am a little dismayed that nobody got my "Blazing Saddles" reference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit