How Jehovah's Witnesses Differ From Cults

by Bangalore 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

The writer is some kind of spokesman for them, and knows quite a lot, and why write a detailed rebuff on why they arent a cult? are their ears burning or what? I think a lot of stuff is coming out now about them.

As much as I dont want to mention other religions, I want to say something about other evangelicals and happy clappies. Evangelicals seem to have a better grasp of the bible and bible prophecy than the witnesses do, this is also true of the wee frees up in the western highlands of scotland and the isles. The happy clappies, well they really do rejoice worshipping their lord Jesus christ. Something I was never. Was never happy in the congregation, and knew a lot of stuff was wrong from day one, and the elders always asking, do you believe its Gods organisation, wait on jehovah etc etc etc

It was when i became a pioneer and studied more that i began to have the doubts.

They accuse other religions of wrong doing yet dont look at themselves.

I lost my wife and family because of it, my mother died too as a result of prolonged telephone abuse.

The elders told me she could be allowed to live if she knelt before them and repented.....she wasnt even a jw, but it was all done to get back at me.

We find this behaviour in scientology.

Yeah, they are a cult, or have become one, as Christ and God no longer have centre stage, but their self appointed fds and gb do, and they must be worshipped and listened too at all costs.

Nobody really knows on the outside unless you have been in the inside of it.

The movie To Verdener about the danish girl that was disfellowshipped is just a very brief look into that very closed world....a world where all things are highly controlled, and a world where you can lose everything in an instant if what you think isnt in harmony with the powers that be, or if your face doesnt fit because of some power freak.

We could list more than the 35 contradictions this fellow has made, for we have all been in that world, but I for one I am glad I am no longer there, and glad I can expose their wicked ways. I only hope others wake up, before they too lose everything....because of these power hungry, wolf like false shepherds..

33. There are no isolation tactics that are employed by Jehovah's Witnesses and details of the lives of Jehovah's Witnesses do not come under scrutiny.

Who is this guy trying to fool by posting this?

• designs
    designs

No longer,

What is the story about the Elders asking a non-witness to bow before them and repent. That is not a JW thing, sorry, unless I'm missing something that sounds made up.

• carla
    carla

I'll check out the article in a minute, but you all know that anyone can submit an article to Ezine right? There are many article directories that the ex jw community could be using to help educate the public. Free sites, blogs, Squidoo, etc..... all free. I ran across a Squidoo lens by Duane over at Witness Inc awhile back.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    The elders told me she could be allowed to live if she knelt before them and repented.....she wasnt even a jw, but it was all done to get back at me.

I dont know what religion you are talking about, but it isn't Jehovah's Witnesses.

y

• blondie
    blondie

John W. Scott

John Scott is an educator in Newark, NJ, and works in Newark public schools. He is 46 and his certficate is in Early Childhood. Mr. Scott writes poetry between classes, collects poetry from students and encourages poetry as a healthy creative outlet for children and teens.

He also hosts the Association for Youth, Children and Natural Psychology website which is hit 5,000 daily. Please feel free to visit.

Jane Statlander is a literature professor at Miami Wade County College and Miami University, Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ. Mrs. Statlander resides in Miami Florida, spends time in Tel Aviv, and is originally from Newark, NJ. She has written two books, one of original poetry, the other a work of historical fiction about a girl who is a Newark, NJ resident, the daughter of Holocaust survivors.

Author Links
    Business URL: http://www.publishedauthors.net/dawndiscovery/index.html, http://www.winmentalhealth.com
    Personal URL: http://www.publishedauthors.net/dawndiscovery/index.html

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, Bangalore.

Thank you for your reply.

P.S.
    Well, although it is not related to this current topic,
    Thank you for your having provided PDF files.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I would say they must be a JW. firstly the article title - true JW style but mainly they are quoting feom the NWT... nuff said.

• blondie
    blondie

About Us

The Association for Youth, Children and Natural Psychologyhttp://www.winmentalhealth.com was registered in 08/2006 as a not-for-profit entity. In 2008 it was incorporated as a not for profit New Jersey corporation. It's board of trustees include professional and non-professional members. Any contributions to the AYCNP are tax deductable.

AYCNP is non-political, focuses on education and is not supported by any religious organization, although it recognizes the role of spirituality in mental health. It was produced with the help of a number of psychologists, educators, doctor's and other professionals from various backgrounds.

The principal editor of the site is Scott Wolfenden of Newark, NJ who has a BA in Social Science and psychology, as well as experience in teaching special education, health and science, as well as tutoring children with special needs. He is certified in NJ Public Schools in Early Childhood and High School Psychology and is a member of the Society for Teaching Psychology (STP) www.teachpsych.org and a contibuting member of NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)

I believe Scott Wolfenden is also John W. Scott.

• Tristram
    Tristram

Wow. That guy is either blind or deluded.

I call the JW's a "high control religious group" instead of a cult, but that may be just a matter of semantics.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.google.com/profiles/116522033040577280519

Scott Wolfenden (?)

home

70 Merchant St , Apt 2

Newark , NJ 07105-2716

(973) 344-1756

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit