Asperger's Syndrome

by Joshnaz 16 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

My daughter's ex-husband has it- he has a successful music/recording business and still performs. He wanted a family, and she gave him two kids, but he couldn't hack it in a real family fulltime- he's basically a loner. Well, at least he pays the $$$$ child support every month-

I was married to a bipolar lady for about a year- it was hell- I had to get out before I ended up in the cracker factory. IMO, people with mental issues, usually don't do well married to another person with mental issues.

• jwfacts
  • Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

All of you give such amazing advise. All your thoughts are so well timed and placed. I'm thankfull for all of you!

• asilentone
    asilentone

ColdRedRain has Asperger's Syndrome, he posts here from time to time.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Coldredrain is also a boorish narcissist. I'm glad he doesn't post here much anymore.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

And being a dub with AS is pure hell on earth! Dubs are the most image concious people as far as the eyes can see. Not to mention that an Aspie with critical thinking skills can blast through the illogic that cult has with lightining quickness that most Neurotypical JWs can't. But alas, they always hold the "You will have no friends" carrot in front of aspie dubs so most feel trapped when they figure out the whole thing's a farce. Deep down inside, growing up, the religion thing didn't make much sense to me but I stuck with it anyway because I wanted to keep my few friends and family. Now, I realize that I don't really have any true friends or family that's connected with the dub church.

• cantleave
    cantleave

My sons Aspergers is what makes him truly wonderful. I don't fear for him as I know that he will not allow himself to be led by others and he is his own person. I am often amazed at how quickly he can process quite complex information and how observant he is to even small changes in his environment. He has trouble with bright lights , loud noises and over stimulation of the senses so assemblies are not good at all so good reason to cut back on some of the weekend trials by boredom.

The organisation doesn't cause aspergers in the same way it doesn't cause brown eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit