Do you love yourself?

by Newborn 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

I think, that since I left the cult, I've finally learned to love myself. When you're a JW you never feel good enough, there's always someone better and who's doin more and god don't think you're good enough etc etc. and then they had the nerve to tell me I was laying all that guilt on myself??

I know I'm a better person now. That I'm good and lovabl, (and if there is a god he may also be happy with me).

It's a nice feeling.

Love ya!

/Newborn

• ninja
    ninja

are you talking about masturbation?

• Newborn
    Newborn

ninja - go to your room!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ah ha ha ha, ya gotta love the ninja

• Gayle
    Gayle

It's ironic, how we all learned the scripture, " Love your neighbor as yourself" But in our mind, it always came up as "love your neighbor INSTEAD of yourself." The organization only taught us self-hatred.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> ninja - go to your room!

Damnit NewBorn... don't encourage him! Do you have any idea what he's gonna do in there???

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Absolutly! It took about 4 years and a good shrink but i got there. My shrink commented she had never had a client with such a bad self image as me!

Thankyou watchtower society, you made me special

Oz

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    It's ironic, how we all learned the scripture, " Love your neighbor as yourself" But in our mind, it always came up as "love your neighbor INSTEAD of yourself." The organization only taught us self-hatred.

Touche', Gayle! It explains a lot, though, doesn't it? About many actions towards so-called "loved ones"?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I have an understanding with myself - its a non-committed relationship, and I'm allowed to spend time with others without becoming inflamed with jealousy or jock itch. Ah, those soothing powders! So nice.

I've never said "I love you" to myself, nor vice-versa, but I know how I feel.

• RR
    RR

I can't stand me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit