assembly hall video

by drew sagan 16 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Seeing this video brought back some memories. I got baptized at this place in 99'. The guy actually takes the video camera back into the changing room behind the baptism pool (memories! ).

The place actually had a really interesting style before the remodel. Huge wagon wheel chandeliers and a giant stone fireplace. There was this awesome statue/decoration of a bear next to a tree with a beehive hanging from it. Lots of brown and orange from the 70's, but that is all gone now. The place pretty much has no style at all anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAPQpvpThWw

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Please check your pm's.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

The videographer put up a text disclaimer about the "place where they're going to beat kids during the meeting" but we know that to be the case, whether he said he was kidding or not.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    The videographer put up a text disclaimer about the "place where they're going to beat kids during the meeting" but we know that to be the case, whether he said he was kidding or not.

lol, i caught that too

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Drew,

So they finally remodeled the place? I haven't been there since 1996-97. The remodel must have cost more than the original construction price in the '70's.

I can't believe they took out that beautiful fireplace. At least now it looks like a glass wall in the foyer that you can actually see outside now.

HappyDad

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I can't believe they took out that beautiful fireplace. At least now it looks like a glass wall in the foyer that you can actually see outside now.

It appears that they changed all of the large wood doors in the front to glass. I too can't believe the fireplace is gone!

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

The baptism pool looks alot like the one I got baptised in, in Natick, Ma.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I thought it was a bit funny that there was no commentary on the video except for that remark!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Windows? They have windows, now?! And why are their buildings becoming more blah? They used to have the most beautiful assembly halls with fireplaces and fountains. No more. Just boring walls without windows in most of them. Sucks the last vestiges of joy from those places, because you certainly don't get any from the talks.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, you remember the awful orange, yuck. Well,it's all finished now. But, I will miss the fireplace. I got baptized there too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit