assembly hall video

by drew sagan 16 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Well, you remember the awful orange, yuck. Well,it's all finished now. But, I will miss the fireplace. I got baptized there too.

Well, I happened to like the orange. At least we can agree on the fireplace

Btw, where you from exactly? Western PA, Ohio?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

From PA, but I don't want to give away too much on these boards. Well, it was about time it was remodeled. But, I do wish they could have kept the fireplace. But, sorry, I hate the orange. And it's pretty much paid for I guess. They told the friends to stop sending donations in, that they had a surplus of funds. It didn't cost them as much as they thought it would, around 3 million. And it took around a year for everything to be completed.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

EmptyInside,

I'm from PA too. I've been out of the org since 2007. Might want to pm to see if we know each other . I've always wondered if I would run into somebody I know on the board.

• Abe L. Toseenow
    Abe L. Toseenow

I was baptized in that pool in 1986, and I ran the ice cream machine at my CA for about 5 yrs. I dont live in pgh anymore, that video brings back alot of memories.

The fireplace has not worked for years thats why they took it out. I was told the remodel cost 3 million dollars.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

welcome to the board abe!

I may be making this up, but I could have sworn it worked not all that long ago.

My own thought was they they were interested in getting a bit more open space. They have been consolidating circuits and many of the last assemblies I went to were very crowded.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I also went to that assembly hall, from 78-84. The fireplace was the best. We would haul in firewood and stack it on both sides in the little stone openings. What did they do with all the kitchen equipment? We would always help cook and make ice cream to get out of sitting through those mind numbing talks, unless I got a "headache" and had to go out to the car and listen to the Penn State or Steeler games. Funny how those headaches always came around 12 or 1 o'clock.

Now that hall looks just like the one they built in NC about 13-15 years ago, and the one in Richmond finished around 7 years ago. I guess they use one design with tile & glass to keep design prices down. Sad, Coraopolis had a unique charm and look, now it looks like numerous others.

What cong did you go to? I was in a little one named Colver in W PA, was there until 84 when I moved to VA.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Never saw the tree & bear though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit