How Long A JW ( Baptised )?

by hillary_step 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

*Hug* Sam, ugh, My mom was baptized at the tender age of 7 (I think probably around the same time you were). That to me is simply unthinkable. I look at my six year old and I can't imagine putting such a thing on her shoulders...

That must have been so horrible...

*hug*
    Essie

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

Had a study with a variety of jw's for 3 years from age 18-21. Baptised in 1971 - left in good standing at age of 50. In org. for right at 30 long years.

My husband was born in organization, baptised at age 15 - 1964. Left with me, thankfully.

waiting

• BQE
    BQE

Prisca has a point, some people here (myself included) were JW's since the womb.

Mirian
    Born 1963
    Baptized 4/76 age: 12
    DF'd December 1980 because I wanted to go to college
    Never went back to the WT, never even considered it

• AlanF
    AlanF

Baptized at almost 16 in early 1967.
    Pissed off about organ transplant shit in late 1967; heart never in it after that.
    Quit going to meetings in 1972.
    Started again in 1972.
    Mostly quit again during college in 1980.
    Started attending meetings again in 1982.
    Mostly quit again in 1983 except for Sundays and DC's.
    Quit almost for good around 1992; got sick at meetings.
    Quit for good (heh heh) in 1994 after talking to GB member.
    Figure out for yourself how long a JW.

First known family contact with Bible Students around 1909. Maternal great-grandfather supposedly came home and said to wife, "Hattie, I've found the truth." Died shortly after that. Others in family became JWs beginning around 1931. Uncle a missionary since attending 1st Gilead class in 1943. Mother baptized around age 10 in 1937. Married my father in 1946. Divorced in late 1960s after husband lost mind. Remarried; husband a nice elder; both totally braindead dubs today.

Second known contact around 1918 when paternal grandfather holding shotgun stopped mob in small Oklahoma town from lynching colporteur they had already tarred and feathered. He never converted, but wife did in 1920; was 'anointed' (hah!). About 2/3 of the 11 kids became JWs. Oldest daughter is about 100, still JW. Hundreds of descendants, about 1/2 JWs. My father became friends with colporteur's son. Was in Bethel 1938 to 1946; friends with lots of guys who are now WTS bigwigs. Got horny and left to marry my mother. Censured for several years for leaving Bethel. Eventually became local bigwig on Long Island. Lost mind in 1960s due to congenital birth defect suffered when pregnant mother came down with Spanish Flu in 1917 and nearly died. Now in nursing home; totally braindead but not a dub as far as he knows.

AlanF

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Gads Alan,

Sounds like you have a couple of embryonic books waiting for liberation in amongst that quagmire!

'The Rise and Fall and Rise and Fall of AlanF'. lol

Best regards - HS

Prisca,

No offence intended to you poor souls who were 'in' from the diapers up. In Europe we always count our sentence from Baptism and it is a mite confusing to me, that is all.

I note with interest the effect that the Internet seems to be having in exploding the WTS myth.

Best to you - HS

• r51785
    r51785

Parents became dubs when I was two.
    Got baptized when I was fifteen.
    Walked away when I was 26 (neither df'd nor da'd). Elders wanted to disfellowship me and tried to get me to come to JC meeting (which I refused) however they had no witnesses against me. I believe they were hoping for self-incrimination which I declined to provide. After three years of this nonsense (off and on) they finally quit bugging me. Of course my leaving town helped too!

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz

Interesting thread Hillary,

Born: May 1957 (under the sign of the bull)
    First Talk: May 1968 (6min - "qualified to be ministers")
    Dunked: Oct 1972 (Norwood Oval SA)
    Last talk: July 1986 (20min - "gambling")
    Walked away: Sept 1986 (drove 1,000 miles east)

Walked further away: Dec 1992 (rabid apostate .. photo of me on Santas knee sent to mother ;)
    Turned around, looked back in humour: Dec 1999 (discovered the internet)
    Walking away, laughing over my shoulder: Jan 2002 (where's the exit?)

So officially I guess I was a witness just 14 years? LOL .. I don't think so! lol.

unclebruce

(thanks Alan you old yoyo, no wonder you're so fucked in the head ---> <--- smiley .. note the smiley lol. SHIT I'M Sorry Alan, I wrote this comment about your head before reading the paragraph about your families history ... sorry .. i was just fucking about and hadn't read about your dad losing it etc.. i hope you didn't see this earlier .. best wishes.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

6april91 Too long.

• cornish
    cornish

Baptized June 1981 at Plymouth,left May 1995

• cellomould
    cellomould

Hi Hillary_Step et. al.,

I was baptised at 15 (in March of 1993)

Appointed M.S. at 22 (Jan 2000) during senior year at university

Removed from M.S. just before graduation (June 2000)

Stopped attending shortly afterward (Feb 2001)

Joined JW discussion board (Dec 2001)

Posted new pic (just now; check it out everyone!)

cellomould

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit