Have you ever tried fruits mixed with any kind of meats?

by asilentone 20 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Mary, Mary!

I think the elders will be axing if you enjoyed pressing those breasts! White meat would be a preferable term but the elduhs would think you were being racist in your sexual demands...

HB

• JeffT
    JeffT

My daughter made bacon wrapped dates Thursday. Very simple, push the pit out of the date, wrap half a bacon slice around it, stick a toothpick in it to hold it together and bake. Yum!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ive done apples and onions with pork and peaches with steak. The recipe for the steak came from Better Homes & Garden mag. I got the recipe from a org that's now defunct and I lost my copy. I'm looking for a replacement recipe. Both recipes were very good.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Make chicken salad for sandwiches and put in apples, and raisins.

chicken, salad dressing, onions, celery, apples, raisins, stir it up put it on a sandwich.

• LightCloud
    LightCloud

Pineapples, cherries with prork, along with onions, peppers and cherry tomatoes for a kind of Hawaiian style pork shish kabobs.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Have you ever tried fruits mixed with any kind of meats?

Yes, all the time and I love it all.

Mango & Chicken, Pork & Pineapple, Salmon & Cream Cheese & Strawberries, Liverworst & Grapes, etc. [Of course there is also lemon & lime.]

• PEC
    PEC

Cranberry sauce goes good with turkey.

Philip

• Plummet
    Plummet

Pineapple Chunks in ground beef for a hawaiin style Burger

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Proscuitto and cantaloupe makes for great appetizer.

• restrangled
    restrangled

This is an authentic Puerto Rican recipe from my girl friend's x husband. He was a native and Chef.

It's addictive:

I'll quote his recipe and then try and decipher for you.

CHILES EN HAOGADA

Ground beef (1 pound)

Raisins (1/2 cup)

Almonds shaved (1/2 cup)

Platano Maduro (ripe plantain) it should have lots of black....I use 1 large Peeled sliced lengthwise into quarters and then chopped sometimes 2 of them because they are so delicious!

1 apple peeled and chopped.....I use granny smith

1 large Tomato chopped

Comino (Cumin) to taste

Black pepper to taste

2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped or grated.

Italian seasoning 1 tsp.

1 Onion finely diced

Oregano 1/2 tsp.

Salt to taste

Fry up together all of the ground beef, plantain, onion and garlic, drain and add spices, raisins, almonds, and tomato and cook a few minutes more. Stuff into Poblano chilis that have been split open and seeded.

Cover stuffed publanos with a dab of butter each and lots of Mexican cheese. Queso, or serve with crumbled feta mixed with sour cream is even better.

Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 to 45 mins, or until cheese is bubbly.

(I like this without the chilies to just eat on its own with a little sour cream) Great cold too!

The Poblanos tend to be tough and sometimes too hot for my family. The filling is so delicious, I just make it up for a snack, without the peppers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit