Did you ever think you would end up here?

by highdose 32 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

meaning... on this website, no longer a JW or at least no longer beliving anymore? I never did, even 18 months ago it would have seemed impossible, unthinkable. Even though looking back the seeds of doubt had been sown for some time, i just never allowed myself to think about them... vvv dangerous thing to do!

what about everyone else? are you surprised to find yourself here?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The first time I lurked here, I said to myself "Hey Jehovah, here's one more thing to kill me for."

It's funny how not surprised I was though deep down. I wasn't discovering that JW's were a fraud by the time I got here and on Ronnies board. I also seemed very at ease with exposing the Governing Body for what they are. At first, I remembered how nice they were to me, then I remembered they shipped me off to Africa via a one way ticket.

I got over that real quick....

Call me a happy internet apostate with potential......

• cantleave
    cantleave

No way. I would have believed this place was the tool of Satan himself.

• yellow
    yellow

i thought i,d be struck by lightening, felt very very very guilty!! Now i,m so glad i did

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I thought demons would start flinging stuff around the room. I thought apostates were disgusting 3 years ago. Now I disgust myself.

• chickpea
    chickpea

nope.... in fact i AGONIZED over what eventually
    i came to know as my "fade".... feeling like sh!t
    and totally unworthy....

i will forever BLESS the day
    i ended up here.... and learned
    the real truth about the Truth TM ....
    serendipity is my new god!!!

ETA: hey, it was 2 yrs ago wednesday!!!
    how utterly apropos it is near US thnxgvg!

• Newborn
    Newborn

No way. I would have believed this place was the tool of Satan himself.

i thought i,d be struck by lightening, felt very very very guilty!! Now i,m so glad i did

Exactly how I felt too...now I can only laugh abt it

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I agree with everyone else...I felt SO guilty about coming to this site. But after my last mtg with the C.O. and a nitwit elder, I just couldn't HELP but start trying to understand WHY the treatment I received was ok...whether other JWs had dealt with it before...and so I fell onto this site. All I did was read for awhile because I was too frightened to post, thinking that I was becoming the ULTIMATE 'apostate' by saying anything on here - but have now come to understand the real deal of JW org.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

If someone had told me two years ago that I would be completely against the WTBS, I would have said impossible!! I was nervous at first looking on here. Then I saw some things that 'clicked' and couldn't quit looking.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Even after 10 years out, i would not consider looking at anything like this! I just couldn't bring myself to contemplate that they could be wrong.

But now? well... here i is!

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit