607 and 1914 etc ----help please

by AdaMakawee 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Could someone please point me in the direction of some threads disproving the chronology for the 1914 date? My brother needs this for a discussion he's having with a JW.

Thanks,
    Ada

• leavingwt
  • glenster
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

jwfacts.com ROCKS!

Is that site owner here on this board. If so, thanks for everything!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Is that site owner here on this board.

Yes. His handle here is "jwfacts". Imagine that.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Thanks, my youngest brother is now in contact with my second oldest brother (there are 5 brothers and 2 sisters in my immediate family). This particular brother is a JW, but he also loves to argue, and can, occasionally be challenged to actually use his brain. So I'm hopeful this will be put to good use to get him out.

I'm sending him the link to this thread so that he can look at it directly. I had thought there was a "best of" thread for this topic but couldn't find it.

Ada

• dgp
    dgp

I'm sorry if this doesn't help the person who posted the question. I understand the importance of that date for Jehovah's witnesses. What I don't understand yet is why we should make that kind of calculations in the first place. Why do we have to read the book of Daniel and strive to find that kind of information on it? I believe every witness should ask himself or herself that question.

Adamakawee, I understand that "The Gentile Times Reconsidered", which you can get from Amazon, is the best way to disprove the theory, as it is, I understand, a very thorough study.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Thanks, dgp. To be frank, this means absolutely nothing to me. I could not care any less. But it does to both of my brothers involved in this discussion, perhaps only because they like debating so much. One with an interest in getting my JW brother out, my youngest because he is pretty sure he can prove to him some of the lies he has been taught.

Since I'm the one with an account on JWN, I'm trying to steer him towards the "ammunition."

Thanks for the information on the book, hopefully he can find it in the library.

Ada

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

ADA, Watchtower Society says 624 was King Neb. 1st year to rule. The Bible at 2Kings 25:8-9 and also Jeremiah 52:12-13 says it was in the 19th year of King Neb. rulership when Jerusalem was desolated by Babylon. 624 being the first year, take 18 more years off 624=606. They can not get 607. Without 607, they can't get 1914.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't debate this subject with them.

I ask them to draw me up a list of Neo Babylonian kings showing which kings reigned in which year.

Do not let them change the subject.

If they claim the king list 'must be wrong', demand to know where it is wrong and what evidence they have. Point out that the Watchtower has published the information in question and agrees with secular historians on the reigns of each of these kings.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit