Grrr I'm so peeved.

by creativhoney 16 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

last night I was at my 'friends' house she hasnt been to the meetings for about two years now, but let's have it said: In the twelve years I have known here shes done about two good stints of attending, been DFd and gone back etc. she lives with her boyfriend.

Well I happened to just mention something about my family and she launched into this whole don't attack the witnesses you know its right barage at me. I hadn't even mentioned religion. - she basically seems to think the only reason I say I dont believe it is because I'm sulking that I got DFd and 'I know its the truth' and the fact that I am ostracised, I just need to learn to take it on the chin.

when she finished her spat, I meekly said. "so are you putting a christmas tree up" she looked and said "why are you asking me that" I said "well I just want to know where I stand with your kids etc" and she said well (boyfriend) believes in trees.. ? wtf? believes in trees. I got up early this morning and left hers at 730 I couldnt be bothered with the morning cup of tea and so on. Is it just me? what is wrong with people?

• xeracia
    xeracia

I completely understand what you are feeling. My sister irritates me beyond belief. She still thinks the religion is correct. She still preaches it at her daughter. And yet she does a billion things that are not in line with their teachings and kinda picks and chooses what to follow. And she has not attended a meeting in years, nor gone in field service. She's not DF'd, but I would like to ask her, "If Armageddon came tomorrow where do you think you'd stand?". She qualifies herself by saying, "Well, Jehovah knows my heart and he knows my reasons and I think he would understand". If that is the case then me, being DA'd should be right there beside her in the New System because I had my reasons as well.

Such hypocrites people can be. But I just try to grin and bare it and realize that none of that should really matter to me anymore.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I do feel that my twelve year friendship may have ran its natural course. - I don't really want to be around people who preach at me that something is true and I should believe it by someone who completely lives by an opposite set of standards than what she purports to believe in. (I had to look that word up then lol- I didnt know if it was right but actually it couldnt be more apt) -

I usually shake it off but it really irritated me, she did verbally attack me for saying something I didn't even say. at least Im not a hypocrite. I mean what the hell, she sent her daughter an 'un-birthday' card on her 18th but did nothing for her - and her facebook said she'd had an awful day. - think its so unfair. practice what you preach.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It shows that simply leaving is not enough. These people are victims of a cult and they need deprogramming. Your freind may not belive in trees but get her a present, Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz and Combatting Cult mind Control by Steven Hassan.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I agree with cantleave. I see sign of internal conflict in you friend's behaviour. It can only truly be resolved by doing some research. Obviously I don't know your friend, but I am willing to suggest that she is too scared/too lazy/for some other reason can't/won't do research. Knowledge really is power. I think it is very difficult to persuade a person away from beliefs while they are unable or unwilling to do some work on their own. Often this ends up with the person simply countering each argument you raise with the party-line and not really listening, or it ends in a fight and a waste of your energy.

Whether the books cantleave recommends would do any good depends on whether your friend would/could digest them. I haven't read the Cult book but Crisis of Conscience exposes WTS for what it is.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

She is a victim of the cult that we were members of and she is teetering on the edge.

Be her friend.

Small nudges in the right direction will free her.

A big push in the right direction might have her running for the protection of our cult.

A poster said a long time ago: "It is one thing to get the man out of the cult, but another to get the cult out of the man!"

Baby steps.

Gentle nudges.

Cheers

Chris

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I guess you have two choices, just accept that the friendship has ran it course, or face it head on. Meet somewhere for for tea, and talk. Put it all out on table.

I'm thinking, she'll contine to preach to you, but it's ok to buy her kids gifts.

lisa

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I believe in trees - let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya my lord.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Lisa I think you are right. she should practice what she preaches.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Black sheep, she doesnt need much of a nudge to fornicate or put a christmas tree up or dress up for halloween, but you cant say its not the truth or she goes mad. the nudges wont work, not when someone is that ignorant. - dont feel its my job to save people. they have to figure it out for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit