Grrr I'm so peeved.

by creativhoney 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

Those are the worse... the ones that do whatever they want to do but still defend the troof... they suck big time!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I believe in trees - let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya my lord.

Sounds more spiritually uplifting than any watchtower study I ever attended.

W

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

she basically seems to think the only reason I say I dont believe it is because I'm sulking that I got DFd and 'I know its the truth' and the fact that I am ostracised, I just need to learn to take it on the chin. If this girl really is your friend, I'd suggest whipping out some tips from Steven Hassan's book, "Combatting Cult Mind Control". If she's not really your friend, then having a sit-down heart-to-heart might be appropriate so you can tell her exactly what you're thinking. If you think there's hope to get her MIND out of the religion, throwing in subtle questions to get her thinking would be a good way to go. I'm sorry she was an a$$. Why is it that the sweetest people have to go through so much undeserved crap?

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

thanks. Ive known her for twelve years, our kids have grown up together, and I didnt stop being her friend when she used to have an alcohol problem and ruin my gatherings. I left her a message to call me but she hasnt and I know she has had the message. coward.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    She is a victim of the cult that we were members of and she is teetering on the edge.

Be her friend.

Small nudges in the right direction will free her.

A big push in the right direction might have her running for the protection of our cult.

I think Black Sheep has some sage advice there.

There are few things sadder than a NON-practicing JW who still believes they are the (T)ruth. How horrible that must be... to still believe you are going to be destroyed, that you just couldn't measure up to the "Loving Creator's" standards.

But you are quite correct, it is NOT your responsibility to save her. But if she really IS your friend, you might want to use the tactics in Hassan's books. Have you read them yourself? Quite highly recommended, it can make a world of difference.

Love,
    Baba.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It seems to me that your friend is projecting her own guilt and self loathing onto you. Because she is still under cult mind control, she probably feels extraordinarily ashamed of organic frailities such as her alcoholism and for acting on normal human sexual desires that have been categorized as fornication.

The longer you are out and able to further cultivate critical thinking skills, the more apt you will be to see the big picture in situations like this. Doing so will help you to deal with your own hurt feelings. In the meantime, if having contact with this woman is damaging to you, maybe you should avoid association with her. Perhaps someday you will be able to help her overcome the cult influence.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

get her a present, Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz and Combatting Cult mind Control by Steven Hassan.

she wouldnt read them..

It seems to me that your friend is projecting her own guilt and self loathing onto you

yes...

you are so right.. we had an email session...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit