What are you Thankful for this year?

by lovelylil2 23 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thought I ask what everyone is thankful for.

I am thankful for my family's good health and happiness, for the great friends I have, for my job that I absolutely love, for celebrating my 7th year of freedom this month from the WT publishing cult.

Anyone else?

• designs
    designs

Family, the first grandchild, and Friends.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I am thankful that I found the strength to say 'enough' and RUN away from that abusive, self righteous, can't hold a job, living with his parents in the attic at 31, never had any money, blew what lil money he DID have on E&J VSOP, didn't realize what he had in 'me' - NUT that I almost married.

I'm thankful - NOT for being DF'd - but for what being DF'd woke up IN me...cause it gave me the sense to start researching JWs and opening my eyes to how things are done (right or wrong). Finally started seeing the org for what it is.

Thankful for the REAL friends that I have made and the opportunity to get to know my non-JW family closer then ever before. Their support has gotten me through a year that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I'm grateful that I have a good job that allows me to support myself comfortably and not depend on anyone!

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am thankful that my daughter is in college. I am thankful that I am alive, she is alive, and my husband is alive, because for awhile I was worried that this might not be the case due to the devastation we experienced at the hand of the "spiritual shepherds" of the WTS.

I am thankful for my three cats, who are entertaining to watch, and love us unconditionally.

I am thankful that I found this forum several years ago.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm thankful for this forum.

That my daughter is graduating magna cum laude from college.

That I'm finally getting my nervous condition under control.

That I've found my Lord again, for the first time!

Sylvia

• JAFO
    JAFO

I'm thankful that, 10 years after being DF'd, my brother has, just in these last few weeks, finally had the scales fall from his eyes, seen that the Witlesses do NOT have the troof, and are nothing but a scamming cult. I'm thankful that at last, all four of my siblings are awake to reality.. Mum, you're next, I hope.. then that will be all of us freed at last.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I am thankful for my husband who is a fantastic man, dad and friend. He spoils me .

I am thankful for my sons, who are all smart, athletic and healthy.

I am thankful for my sisters and mom.

I am thankful that my job and my husband's job are stable and pay well.

I am thankful that we have good health insurance.

I am thankful that I am able to enjoy a life free from the bonds of the lies of JW's. My life is soooo much more peaceful and content now.

I am very, very thankful for JWN and all of the support and help it offers. I can't thank this website and others like it enough.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

• doublelife
    doublelife

I am thankful for learning the truth about "the truth." Thank you jwfacts.com

I am thankful that I have non-jw family to lean on.

I am thankful for this forum and having the support of people who have been through what I'm going through.

I'm thankful that the day after thanksgiving, I'm moving into a better and safer area.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

This is kind of different than the others here, but on my mind anyway. I grew up in a very abusive household. I never knew anything else, and consequently my relationships were initially abusive too. I was terrified (as I learned to come out of such things) that my son and I would also have a toxic relationship, I truly didn't know any kids that had a good relationship with their parents. So all I could do was try every day not to make the same mistakes my parents and others I knew, had made.

Fast forward to now... I am thankful that my grown son loves me, that we can have an open honest discussion without threats and violence. I'm thankful that he confides in me and that he and I are friends. I'm thankful that I have two siblings out of the JW madness that I also have a fairly normal, loving relationship with, though we are in varying stages of recovery from the past. I'm thankful that my sister has started talking to me after years of shunning me, and that even though she is not totally out of the mind control, that she is willing to establish a relationship after all this time. I pray that she can not only be finally free from the abusive religion, but also from the abusive relationship she has been in for years as well.

Lastly, I'm thankful to be alive right now. I have had a very serious illness and am just now getting back on my feet again.

Thanks everyone here for this forum and for the support it provides to people coming to their senses after a lifetime (or seems like a lifetime) experience with the cult.

Bless you all and happy Thanksgiving.

Ada

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Don't want to forget that I am thankful for the forum too. I've made a lot of good friends through this site. So thanks jwn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit