Remakes Of Songs

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I've never heard a Beatles re-make that I preferred over the original. Ever.

I understand the preference for the original, but Jim Cocker's "With a Little Help From My Friends" was damn good. And I love Siouxsie & the Banshees' versions of "Dear Prudence" and the minimalist "Helter Skelter", but that's cuz I'm a huge Siouxsie fan.

Never Let Me Down Again - Depeche Mode (original) and Smashing Pumpkins(remake)

That's on my list.

Top rank has got to be Hendrix's cover of "All Along the Watchtower", right? What a classic.

Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" has to be up there too.

In turn, I enjoy Nine Inch Nails' cover of "Dead Souls" more than the Joy Division original. Same thing goes with Siouxsie & the Banshees' version of Iggy Pop's "The Passenger"; I love that cover.

Echo and the Bunnymen's "People Are Strange" sounds better than original, amazing as that may seem.

Guilty indulgence for me: Ciccone Youth's cover of "Addicted to Love" (recorded in a karaoke booth).

• minimus
    minimus

Michael Buble---Save The Last Dance For Me---Love this guy!

• undercover
    undercover
    Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" has to be up there too.

I forgot about that one. That is a great remake...and the video is haunting...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

David Cook's version of "Billie Jean" is awesome.

But he scammed his version from Chris Cornell of Audioslave.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I forgot a few others:

Faith No More - they did an awesome cover of "Easy" by The Commodores

Love and Rockets version of "Ball of Confusion" by The Temptations

Rage Against the Machine - The Ghost of Tom Joad by Springsteen (almost unrecognizable, but the RATM version is AWESOME)

The Clash - I Fought the Law by Bobby Fuller

Good mention of "Hurt" by Johnny Cash - that song and video are unbelievable.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Coacaine by jj cale and eric claptout. Ave maria by everybody, well, over 20. Hung up by madonna has been redone by about 16 groups.

S

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" is one of mine too!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I like Nazereth's version of "Love Hurts" over The Everly Brothers 1960 version

• sooner7nc
  • sooner7nc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit