Remakes Of Songs

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I think my favorite remake is "I Will Survive". I hated that song when Gloria Gaynor made a hit out of it. But I love CAKE's version of it.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Killing Me Softly by The Fugees and Blinded By the Light by Manfred Mann.

• minimus
    minimus

You Keep Me Hangin On by The Supremes vs. Vanilla Fudge. To me, VF's version was way better!

• minimus
    minimus

Take Me To The River was done by Al Green and Talking Heads. Love them both!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Tiny Tim's rendition of Rod Stewart's "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_jlF-sRqk

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Never Let Me Down Again - Depeche Mode (original) and Smashing Pumpkins(remake)

Gone,Gone,Gone - Everly Brothers and Robert Plant/Allison Krauss

and...let the jokes begin

Do You Want To Touch Me (Oh Yeah) - Gary Glitter and Joan Jett (I think JJ's version is way better)

I also should mention Ozzy's version of Stayin Alive by the Bee Gees - great fun!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Landslide by The Dixie Chicks

Red Red Wine by UB40

Me and Bobby Mcgee by Janis Joplin

Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm

• minimus
    minimus

I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye and Gladys Knight were both different yet great versions.

• undercover
    undercover

I like about any cover that Jimi Hendrix did of a song. Not that it was always better than the original but it was different and had it's own appeal.

One of my all time favorite songs is Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" and I've heard some god-awful versions of it over the years, but I always enjoy hearing Hendrix, Live at Monteray's verision of it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I've never heard a Beatles re-make that I preferred over the original. Ever.

I understand the preference for the original, but Jim Cocker's "With a Little Help From My Friends" was damn good. And I love Siouxsie & the Banshees' versions of "Dear Prudence" and the minimalist "Helter Skelter", but that's cuz I'm a huge Siouxsie fan.

Never Let Me Down Again - Depeche Mode (original) and Smashing Pumpkins(remake)

That's on my list.

Top rank has got to be Hendrix's cover of "All Along the Watchtower", right? What a classic.

Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" has to be up there too.

In turn, I enjoy Nine Inch Nails' cover of "Dead Souls" more than the Joy Division original. Same thing goes with Siouxsie & the Banshees' version of Iggy Pop's "The Passenger"; I love that cover.

Echo and the Bunnymen's "People Are Strange" sounds better than original, amazing as that may seem.

Guilty indulgence for me: Ciccone Youth's cover of "Addicted to Love" (recorded in a karaoke booth).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit