SECOND ADVENTISTS NOT 7TH DAY ADVENTISTS INFLUENCED RUSSELL

by blondie 31 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

Thanks for the correction. I was one of the ones who made the mistake. But the point I was making is still the same. The witnesses were not the first ones to come up with their basic doctrines such as soul sleep.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Didn't the 7th Day Adventists stem from the same, or similar, origins?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I like the folks who say CTR was influenced by 7th Day Adventists.

Statements like that let me know that they have poor reading comprehension skills or that they simply parrot what they've heard others say, and I don't waste my time giving consideration to their opinions.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Actually, its a nice point for clarification....

• JWoods
    JWoods

I also thought that American Adventism was a collection of many fringe groups.

For example, what would you classify the Millerites - just Adventists, but not Seventh Day?

I have even heard wild speculation that Mormonism has certain vague roots to early Pennsylvania adventism.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I must confess I always said he was influenced by the 7th day adventist, thanks for "readjusting my thinking" Blondie. I will go to my room and think about what I have done .

• undercover
    undercover
    I will go to my room and think about what I have done

and pray and ask forgiveness from Nathan Natas

• JWoods
    JWoods
    and pray and ask forgiveness from Nathan Natas

I think he should also have a 7 day ban from posting on that Ray Franz racism/disfellowshipping thread that Sylvia has going.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Interestingly, my new daughter-in-law is loosely connected with 7th day adventists. Two days ago I visited her aunt who is into the religion a little more than she is. I asked the aunt if she had ever heard of William Miller. She said, "Yes, The Great Disappointment." I said, "Oh you've heard of that? I understand that the Witnesses and the 7th Day Adventists have the same roots in William Miller." I also mentioned it was in 1834, and she corrected me that it was 1844. I mentioned that I bet there isn't one witness out of a thousand that knows about this.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Interestingly, my new daughter-in-law is loosely connected with 7th day adventists. Two days ago I visited her aunt who is into the religion a little more than she is. I asked the aunt if she had ever heard of William Miller. She said, "Yes, The Great Disappointment." I said, "Oh you've heard of that? I understand that the Witnesses and the 7th Day Adventists have the same roots in William Miller." I also mentioned it was in 1834, and she corrected me that it was 1844. I mentioned that I bet there isn't one witness out of a thousand that knows about this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit