SECOND ADVENTISTS NOT 7TH DAY ADVENTISTS INFLUENCED RUSSELL

by blondie 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

What about the third, fourth, fifth and sixth day advemtists? I mean, how did they jump from the second day all the way to the 7th? Not to mention the first day adventists.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Blondie, i wanna know what happened to all those missing adventists.

S

• blondie
    blondie

I assume this is a little joke, right?

Second (no day)

7th day adventist--observe the sabbath, the 7th day of the week

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well I was going to show a scan of the topic from the "Proclaimer" book but my scan messed up. I could keep trying but it shows it large here and I haven't learned how to reduce yet..I'm a beginner..lol

Anyway from the Procalimer book (regarding Second or Seventh Day adventists) and I quote:

"I dropped into a dusty, dingy hall, where I had heard religious services were held, to see if the handfull who met there had anything more sensible to offer than the creeds of the great churches. There for the first time I heard something of the views of Second Adventist [Advent Christian Church], the preacher being Mr. Jonas Wendell...Thus, I confess indebtedness to Adventists as well as to other denominations."
    (Again on the next page he goes on to say)
    "What I heard sent me to my Bible to study with more zeal and care than ever before, and I shall ever thank the Lord for that leading, for though Adventism helped me to no single truth. it did help me greatly in the unlearning of errors, and thus prepared me for the Truth."

Snoozy,
    Who finds the "Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers of God's Kingdom" book quite interesting.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

(off topic)
    Well I was wondering why the word Bible was highlighted in blue..itseems it is an ad for ADSDAQ....

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

You know what? I suddenly LEARNED something thru this unruly place! I have always thought if the jtwo groups as 7th day adventists and 2nd day adventists and never really seen that it is 7th day adventists and 2nd adventists (with, as Blondie so properly wrote, no day). To my excuse I ask it to be noticed, that over here, there are scarcely any adventists at all, be it 2nd or 7th day, so they are never mentioned.

But - I learned something today! Whether it is useful or not - well, but I learned something. Wow!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm totally serious;)

S

• RR
    RR

But even the 7th Day Adventist of today no longer resembles that of yesterday. Ellen White was not a trinitarian, but after her death, they adopted the Trinity.

RR

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

7th day Adventists had been vegan, but now, not so much. Yes, they are trinitarian.

I find this whole topic very interesting.

We have a very old Sanatarium located near where I grew up. There are still plenty of naturopaths practicing there.

• barry
    barry

This topic is very appropriate because of some misunderstandings here. Haveing been brought up SDA the history of the church is very important to SDAs but the names of Jonas Wendell, George Stores, Henry Grew, George Stetson and Nelson Barbour are unfamiliour to me. The names William Millar and Ellen white along with other names in SDA history and not mentioned on this site are Uriah Smith , Edison, Joseph Bates and James White .

Many of the early SDAs came from the christian connection church and didn't believe the doctrine of the trinity however it was Ellen White who smartened up and took a stand in promoting the trinity doctrine which mainline SDAs hold today. Of course there are SDAs that don't believe in the doctrine of the trinity and some in the SDA church of today see it as a big problem as they promote their idears to other SDAs. Barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit