Holy spirit making its first mistake

by stillin9 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin9
    stillin9

Well, it seems like that the holy spirit is making its first mistake! They want to appoint me as a ministrial servant! I wonder if that means that apostasy while being apointed as a MS is okay?! This really puts me in an uncomfortable situation though, what would you do if you were in my situation? Being aware of the truth about the truth, should I tell them that I am not yet ready to serve as a MS or should I accept the offer and see what's on the other side of the wall?

Stillin9

P.S.: o crap! Isn't talking against the holy spirit an "unforgiveable" sin or something in that nature? I don't quiet remember.

P.P.S: Sorry if I sound bitter, I am just really fed up.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The people wishing to appoint you must have seen SOME quality in you, so your sentence "P.S.: o crap! Isn't talking against the holy spirit an "unforgiveable" sin or something in that nature? I don't quiet remember." either tells me this message is nothing but a joke - OR that you already know whatyour response to the offer ought to be, i.e. "Thank you - but no thanks."

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

interesting... i was 'sinning' when the holy spirit appointed me a M/S about 20 years ago. pipped ya!

actually, reflecting on that all these years later, that is what convinced me that the Holy spirit has nothing to do with appointments. As you may be aware, appointments are approved at branch level by guys at desks. Please men by being a 'company man' and you will go far.

you could stay inside as a spy...

Oz

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

From a talk in 1980:

In one communist country, a man accepted the truth and made rapid progress and became a pioneer.... he was made a district overseer in that communist country, and shortly thereafter he turned over all the names of Jehovah’s Witnesses in his district to the communist secret police. He was then revealed to have been a communist spy. What is interesting is he was a communist spy from the moment he accepted the truth. He was a communist spy when he pioneered, he was a communist spy when he became a congregation overseer, he was a communist spy when he was appointed as a circuit overseer, he was a communist spy when he was a district overseer..... Can you think of the impact that had on God’s people in that particular land? Who do you trust?! If your circuit overseer or district overseer is a communist spy from the very beginning, how did the holy spirit appoint him as an overseer? If God’s spirit appoints a man, how did it appoint a spy in God’s own organization?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/127834/1/Floyd-Kites-Enduring-the-Tests-Within-Gods-Organization-1980

Sorry you got put on the spot....I would decline the offer in whatever way that wouldn't arouse unneeded suspicion.

• wobble
    wobble

Yup, decline , I did for a long time the second time they wanted to appoint me, then I ran out of excuses, but I did not know the truth about Da Troof

in those days.

Being an M.S is a lot of work and no reward, I was happy to do it for my bros. and sisters, but why clutter your life more? And you will be more under the spotlight, your every move watched coz now they can threaten you with being removed.

Don't do it.

Love Wobble

p.s just say "Well if you can't make me an Elder I'm not interested" they will put you down as not humble and leave you alone for ages.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Just goes to show that the "Holy Spirit" the WT claim is working with their midst has nothing to do with what goes on within the walls of the WT.

God cannot make mistakes or He wouldn't be God.

Blessings,

Stephen

• sspo
    sspo

Are you ready to start giving talks and parts and instruct the congregation on how to obey the FDS

in everything since they are being used by Jehovah?

Could not do it anymore!

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I don't see how you can even consider this. You will just be even more under the thumb of the "elders". Unless you want to live a double life of lies, you have to decline.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Just goes to show that the "Holy Spirit" the WT claim is working with their midst has nothing to do with what goes on within the walls of the WT.

God cannot make mistakes or He wouldn't be God."

Actually, WT does NOT claim that the HS is appointing anyone a MS or Elder. The wording might be in that direction, but the meaning is that the Bible is Spirit-directed, and it is in the Bible that the requirements are mentioned, so a person is appointed by HS in the sense that the local elders and for that sake all the congregational members can see if a person lives up to the standards written in the Bible. If he does that, then he is clearly a candidate, and the elders under prayer consider if he should be appointed. The HS is therefore seen as operating or appointing in the sense that it is the force behind the spelling out of the requirements, the force behind the changes in living which the candidate has carried out, and the force working or influencing the elders during prayer. In SUCH a respect, a person is appointed by HS. It is not meant as if some miracle takes place, and hence the HS can NOT make mistakes - but local elders can interpret mistakenly, and candidates can lie and deceive in such a way that it is not discovered by the local elders. Butthen, the understanding is, this will be allowed for some time, but will then be brought to light by God in due time - as the East European occurances have demonstrated. Here is where the sinning against the HS in this particular field comes into the picture.

So decline - because you will be discovered sometime along the passing of time, and in my eyes also because one should not step on other people's inner beliefs - no matter how hard one might feel that THEY are steppin' ......................

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I would refuse at all costs.

I would keep it simple "I appreciate your interest in me serving in that capacity, but I am not ready to accept that responsibility"

You will just make things harder on yourself if you are already having serious doubts. What happens when you have to give a part in regards to some dribble that you no longer agree with? It will just make you more angry and upset.

Plus, like Wobble said, being an MS is a thankless job. You will be given all kinds of "privileges" that will chew up your valuable time.If you get to the point that you no longer want to attend, then you have to start getting rid of those "privileges" which will add to your stress.

I dont think you will like what is on the other side of the wall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit