When did the new watchtower setup take effect?

by EndofMysteries 26 Replies latest jw friends

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I forgot, and doing some comparisions on things, I know this was probably talked about much so the date is probably fresh in someones mind.

Thanks

• sspo
    sspo

What setup are you talking about?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

EndofMysteries ...

Excellent question.

We actually were discussing this several weeks ago after field service. A couple of brothers I was with mentioned that the setup was never officially mentioned or discussed by the Sociey but that many members of Bethel and Paterson have been involved.

It seems that the initial phase of the setup began in late August/early September of 1994. Some mention a specific date (August 29, 1994) while others just refer to it as the "setup period." On his last visit, I asked the CO when he felt the setup actually took affect. He didn't seem totally comforable discussing the matter in a large group but simply mentioned the year of 1994 and said he was not aware of any specific details.

Rub a Dub

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

What in the bloody hell are you guys talking about?

• yesidid
    yesidid

Rubadub!

Are you on the turps?

y

• cantleave
    cantleave

Uhhhh! What "set up" are we talking about here.

• wobble
    wobble

Is Endof. referring to the WT setting up the situation so that they can go on forever saying the big A is close ?

Or referring to the GB setting themselves up as the Mediator between God and men ?

Or the GB setting themselves up to be worshipped ? Etc. Etc.

The possibilities are endless,

Love

Wobble

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I was talking about having a different watchtower for the meetings vs the ones placed in the field. Wanting to compare and see if "any" in the field since have talked about the faithful slave like almost every one at meetings has been talking about. Or if it's like bait and switch, showing it's bible and Jehovah in the WT, then once at meetings its the faithful slave haha

• yesidid
    yesidid

January this year.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Sorry yesidid; wrong! The first issue of the New Study Edition was January 15th , 2008

Which was last year, doesn't time fly!

Available here: http://www.box.net/shared/crrc9mq6h0

fokyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit