Mini-Skirts

by IMHO 16 Replies latest jw friends

• fokyc
    fokyc

I think Peter Nicholls was commenting on the large amount of top exposure in congs today.

Have I spelt his name correctly? I know his fleshly brother is IC Bristol Ass Hall and a cong down there.

He must be about 80 if he's a day!

fokyc

• teel
    teel

LightCloud: sisters here would be counseled if they wore mini skirts to anywhere, not just KH. For example if you go to the beach and go around in bikinis it's ok, but if you get a mini skirt on top of it and a JW sees you, you can be sure a counsel is coming up for you. If you wear it there, you'll probably wear it in the city too, and then you're not modest, and drawing attention to your body Don't ask me the logic, it's not like it's the single illogical thing they do.

• blondie
    blondie

Memories of yesteryear. BTW I don't think bikinis are acceptable on jws in the Midwest.

* ** w69 8/1 p. 463 par. 22 The Value and Need of Self-Control ***Just as masculinity brings pleasure to women, so femininity brings pleasure to men, but unless it is coupled with modesty it is an unclean pleasure. Miniskirts can hardly be said to be modest. The words of Jesus recorded at Matthew 5:28 have implications for women. How so? In that Christian women have the obligation not to dress provocatively, not to tempt men to keep looking at them and so reap a prideful pleasure in noting how they are able to play upon the emotions of men.

*** w67 12/15 p. 766 Searching for the Bible Principles ***

5. Is it all right to wear the short "miniskirts" that are currently in style?Female adornment should be modest. (1 Tim. 2:9, 10) A Christian wife is to be in subjection to her husband; a minor daughter is to be obedient to her father. (Col. 3:18, 20) Christians do not seek to imitate the world, but set an example of goodness. (1 Pet. 4:4; Eph. 5:9-12; 1 Cor. 10:31) We need to shun anything that would cause stumbling or would detract from our ministry. (2 Cor. 6:3, 4; 1 Cor. 13:4, 5)

• teel
    teel

I remember in highschool in psychology class our teacher (a bit on the perv side he was) explained how the mind works. One single naked woman is erotic, a thousand of them is just a group. If truly everyone wears miniskirts as the WT says, then one more draws absolutely no attention, normal people would not think she's immodest. Wearing a long skirt in 100°F in turn does draw attention, but only negative one.

Bikinis, mostly accepted by JWs today would have been considered outrageous and immoral just 100 years ago. The world changes, clinging to medieval views will only serve to draw in even more weird people. The world in general won't consider them more modest, only more freaky.

• sir82
    sir82

Have you taken a good look at the sisters in a Kingdom Hall lately?

I say it's a blessing from God that miniskirts are not allowed!

• blondie
    blondie

Like I said no (or few) bikinis on jw women in this area. Maybe it's because they don't look good in them.

The brothers doing the baptisms did not wear t-shirts in the past but do now. I guess a hairy chest over a big gut was not pretty.

feature photo

The past

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Bikinis generally ok here in S. Florida. Maybe it's the climate down here, but as long as they are not the "string" type, I have never heard anyone say too much or criticize them. As long there is an inch or two covering each side, they seem acceptable to most brothers that go to the beach here.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit