Would you call me an apostate?

by AwSnap 16 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

......still pondering. Thanks for the thoughts ....For some reason, they allow me to say "stumbling" thoughts every now and then. I was just curious if this crosses the line, since I've never actually said happy birthday to anybody in jwLand. I can't help it with this birthday coming up...the baby is too precious & I want to celebrate its birthday.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I'm gonna send it. I went to my sibling's house this morning and the baby was Soooo happy to see me. I just couldn't help myself. I said, "hey could I see a bible for a minute?" After looking up 2 Kings 9:30, I asked who Jezebel was, a pagan or a follower of god? I handed the Bible over & ____ read it, then looked at me puzzled. I said, "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I've made a mistake. I sent ______ an E-birthday card and it won't arrive till Saturday, but it mentions something about this scripture." ______ was like, "okayyyyy"..... So now at least they'll think I'm remorseful for sending the card, but at least they'll see where I'm coming from; and yes, I could've deleted it, but I've decided that baby will be getting birthday cards from me.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Nicely done, AwSnap!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I didn't read your opening post yet. But from the title, here goes:

Okay, you're an apostate. (Think, "Would you call me an ambulance?")

Okay, now I have read your post. I stand by "Okay, you're an apostate."
    Their alerts go off so easily.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Thanks Palmtree! OTWO...I suppose I just have to say "so be it", although I may need an ambulance when this is done

There's just some things I can't let go, and having a precious child miss out on their birthday for no good reason is one of them. I feel confused because people say you're supposed to play on their emotions to get them out. I just don't know how to do that without bringing in doctrine or Bible verses.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just don't know how to do that...

Welcome to the club.

Good for you to decide that a child should not miss out.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I feel confused because people say you're supposed to play on their emotions to get them out. I just don't know how to do that without bringing in doctrine or Bible verses.

Ask them probing, emotionally charged questions like "imagine that your child "accidentally" suffered a severe knife wound to the neck at a birthday party; would you really not use blood to save their life??".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit