"No organisation for me!" A question for ex JW Christians

by Chalam 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Obviously the WT is a best a man made organisation and publishing company. At worst it is far darker.

Anyhow, I understand why an exJW would be cautious to join another organisation.

However, God does have one and it is called the church.

Matthew 16:18 (New International Version)

18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

It is not a denomination or even a religion, it is just the collective of all born again believers who have come to Jesus and are build on His foundation.

1 Peter 2:4-5 (New International Version)

4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:19-22 (New International Version)

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

So my question is this to those who do not meet with believers because they do not want to join an organisation.

Have the WT robbed you of many things God has for us meeting together collectively, sharing communion, worshipping, praying, prophesying and such?

Blessings,

Stephen

• yknot
    yknot

.....while I still am attending the KH....

I think the main issue is trust.

Secondly is whether the organization demands absolutes in it's theology........ like say the biggie for many JWs/ExJW Xians trinity.

Perhaps non-denoms are the answer...... Perhaps church hopping is better suited for others....

Perhaps though we long for the simple concepts of true bible studies in private homes. I was reading about our only dubbie-raised president and how he missed those types of gatherings as compared to the Presbyterian church he had joined........don't get me wrong I know that many denominations offer not only 'sunday school' but other forms of study and upbuilding that centers around sitting at a table and discussing things..it just takes time to heal from the often bone-deep scars from having been part of the WTS.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

After wts I don't need a group prayer, nor a religion where God can't answer anything or won't answer anything which creates a big issue if there really is a God?

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

So my question is this to those who do not meet with believers because they do not want to join an organisation.

Have the WT robbed you of many things God has for us meeting together collectively, sharing communion, worshipping, praying, prophesying and such?

Blessings,

Stephen

NO STEPHEN. The Bible says gather yourselves together. It didn't limit that to a Kingdom Hall (i.e. now pagan temple!) The INTERNET! The internew is where we gather together. Right here! Isn't this fellowship? Of course. Don't we get support? Of course! We can gather together when we leave the WTS at the discussion group of our choice!

Will we get the support we need or agree with every doctrine discussed? No. But most of the people here share the same pain of having been a witness and we find information and support and friends here. So the idea that there has to be some formal organization around for us to join just isn't necessary.

Even the WTS will tell you going to these discussion boards is "bad association", so it definitely works.

Further, Daniel says in the last days those with insight will shine like the brightness of the stars...

3 “And the ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars to time indefinite, even forever.

4 “And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.”

Now remember Joel? How God will pour his spirit out among all kinds of people? Young and old? This is clearly AFTER the WTS has been disfellowshipped and abandoned. But how will a lowly person spread a worldwide message? Easy! YOUTUBE!! The internet!!! Individuals given special insight will be posting that information in discussion boards and on YouTube or on webpages. You have to seek knowledge and you'll find it!

Now just reflect. God giving holy spirit and understanding to individuals doesn't work with the WTS who wants to control everything. So they must be OUT! God does not use a central temple organization after 1996 to dispense advance spiritual food. But it comes from individuals who shine brightly because they utilize the internet! It's strange in modern fulfillment, but it is clear that is what is happening now.

Likewise, there are thousands of XJWs and others whom you can befriend and associate with and discuss things with. Even those who don't agree with you or think you need psychiatric help are basically nice. Nicer than the boot waiting for you at the kingdom hall by the evil elders!

So you don't have to forsake gathering yourself together. In fact, since that is a requirement, it means you need to keep up with the XJW internet community. Until they shut the net down, you will pretty much be up to date on whatever is going on and you'll have plenty of company! So those leaving miss NOTHING in the way of good association.

LS

• acolytes
    acolytes

Chalam

Wouldnt the Good Samaritan be good assocition for a follower of Christ.

Tell me where and by whos authority did the term Christian come?

The term Christian seperates people in the same way denominations divide.

If Christian association means accepting teaches that are interpretations of people. If it means a person who is seen as superior in spirituality becauuse he accepts an organisational denominations concept and interpretation of being a follower of Christ. Then its not for me.

Stephen if the Samaritan was approved association by Jesus then so can the muslin the atheist or the (Well read the History books of the holocaust)

Regards Michael.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Hi, good Q.

I attend an online church at www.ptm.org for communion and to listen to sermons on different topics. I also fellowship with another local church on occasion. I have not officially "joined" any church though. I don't like the way churches set denominational guidelines. Christians should be called just that and not have titles that divide such as Catholic, Baptist, etc. And as a Christian I recognize the "real" church is the body of believers all through out the entire world regardless of church attendence or denominational affiliation. I associate with Christians thru out the U.S. and in Europe and in Africa whom I have met online and write to and speak with on the phone. I am not bound to one group so I can fellowship with believers everywhere. Anyone accepting Christ is a spiritual brother or sister to me.

When I first left the WT I was isolated and fearful of attending another church or organization. But now the Lord has revealed to me that I do not have to be fearful of any church or group. I can and should associate freely with all believers and I've visited many churches in my area.

Of course, I also associate with people who are not Christians too. But am simply answering this Q from the perspective of whether or not I joined another religious organization and why. My new faith in Christ allows me to love all people not just my spiritual brothers or sisters.

Hope this answers your question. Peace to you, Lilly

• cantleave
    cantleave

The question is Which Church?

IMO and based on the churches in my area, Catholic - no way, pope i equivalent to JW's GB. Protestant - too wishy washy, methodist - too happy clappy.

So my new church is JWN - suits me perfectly .

• designs
    designs

Most people naturally like a community with shared goals, a Church can fit that criteria. If you have visited any number of them in your community they are a mix of some having good social agendas and others being to cliquish.

If you simply want to help out in your community there are many organizations that do real boots on the ground work, Food Banks, Elder care, Environmental groups etc.. These give the most bang for your time and buck. Churches can tend to be vacuum cleaners for money.

If you scratch below the surface on your local church community you will find a real mish mash of beliefs. Do your homework before joining anything to make sure you support the underlying agendas and beliefs.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

church? like Im gonna bite that bullet on a sunday morning.. ;)

• Chalam
    Chalam

yknot .....while I still am attending the KH....

There's the problem. JWs are locked within the walls of the WT. I can visit another church or even a "kingdom hall" any time. JWs cannot.

yknot I think the main issue is trust.

Agreed.

yknot Secondly is whether the organization demands absolutes in it's theology........ like say the biggie for many JWs/ExJW Xians trinity.

Depends. I like church that make plain their core beliefs in a "statement of faith". You can see what you are getting. Beyond the core beliefs there is an array of beliefs. A friend of mine from church believes in a pretrib rapture. I see evidence for a post trib rapture so I havement made my mind up. He thinks the fire of the second death is symbolic. I firmly believe it is literal. No-one has all the answers yet

1 Corinthians 13:9-12 (New International Version)

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Perhaps non-denoms are the answer...... Perhaps church hopping is better suited for others....

Of course "non denominational" soon becomes a denomination in itself! Just remember, whatever the flavour, there is one church and one is either in it or not. The physical meeting is secondary.

yknot it just takes time to heal from the often bone-deep scars from having been part of the WTS.

I think this is the core of the matter. The WT has hurt people deeply. Anyhow, get to a church and see what it is like. I am sure the difference between the real thing and the KH is like day and night.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit