Letter Regarding Adjustments In Procedures Regarding Disfellowshipping Announcements.

by Bangalore 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jambon1
    jambon1

I read this letter and hang my head in dismay.

It was getting to know the sort of ins & outs of congregation matters that really made me want to leave the organisation & I was only a m/s.

Im not a believer, but how does any of this letter resemble true christianty?

The 'special blue envelope?' FFS. I have to laugh.

Really. What a joke.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Maybe the special blue envelope is needed to match the special blue fringes on their garments. After all, the WT clearly favors Judaism over Christianity.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I once worked at a large company where, when they had to discipline an employee in writing, the letter came in a blue envelope. The letter was to be signed acknowledging receipt of the warning and returned in the same envelope; it went into the employee's permanent file.

These blue envelopes were pretty rare and usually showed up when management was "building a case" in order to eventually fire someone - there had to be a record of warnings that performance needed improvement before they could actually discharge an employee. If you had a couple of blue envelopes in your employee file, you were not going to be there much longer.

When the company had a few bad financial years and was bleeding revenue, the number of blue envelopes increased dramatically. Several people who got a warning immediately started looking for another job, which was probably the company's intent.

• Balsam
    Balsam

And how in the world do they keep up with disfellowshipped or disassociated if they DIE??????? Fact is people move, and we don't exactly contact the congregations and let them know where we move too. That is the dumbest ass directions I've ever seen. LOL LOL

Ruth

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Why is this letter being discussed since it's from March 10 of 1983??? It's old news, no??

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this direction is still 'current light' for the dubs?

Cheeses.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

If we could get a scan of the blue envelope and df'n form with some measurements I'm sure they can easily be duplicated, all one would need it the names of some of the elders in a congregation and the address of the secretary and ...microsoft word

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would think that any future correspondance with the WT blue envelopes would be my choice:

Springhill Blue A-2[4-3/8x5-3/4] Envelope 250/box
    Price:$16.05
    Quantity in Basket: none

Springhill Blue A-9[5-3/4x8-3/4] Envelope 250/box
    Price:$33.37

Springhill Blue A9 [5-3/4x8-3/4] Envelope 50/pkg
    Price:$8.99
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I could imagine disfellowshipping all the hounders that are in favor of my remaining celibate, and the hounder-hounder as well. Along with that, I would get rid of all the pio-sneers, and everyone else that wants me to stay celibate forever. I think that would have more than 75% of the congregation disfellowshipped--and, since everyone from the hounder-hounder would be affected, it could be a good long time before it gets fixed.

At which time I would send another batch of fake S-77 forms in fake Special Blue Envelopes. For the exact same bogus "offense". It would be quite a while before the congregation is back on its feet, and by that time hopefully everyone in the territory is wise to the whole scam.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Since the early 90's, the s-79 cards were no longer needed. The s-77 added lines so that when a person was disfellowshipped, the Secretary signed it, and sent it back to the Service Dept. When the Service Dept receives it, they put an official stamp on it, making it doubly official. (although technically, the Service Dept doesn't make the decision to reinstate or disfellowship.)

The front of the s-77 has questions to be filled out. (i.e. what was the sin, how corroborated, any witnesses, etc...) On the back, there is a blank space where the Chairman will type in about 2 paragraphs summarizing the sin, the JC meeting, and the decision. If more room is needed, you simply say "see letter" and attach a one side of one page letter. Otherwise, you will get a letter back asking you to be more concise "next time". All 3 elders on the JC then sign it, and it is mailed to the Service Dept.

Blue envelopes are still the color d'jour....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit