New movie about Jehovah's Witnesses and their crazy friends

by cyberjesus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Check this out on the Sundance Channel its a movie about a young sister who gets disfellowshipped and her struggle

http://www.toverdener.dk/

http://www.sundancechannel.com/films/500535524

what do you think?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Worlds Apart has been mentioned here. It's a few years old and some managed to get the torrent version with English subtitles. I know I loved it. It was eerie how accurate a JC scene was. Great film, hard to get in the USA.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

oh haha I thought it was just released :-) where can we get the torrent version? right now is being broadcasted on cable on the sundance channel

• dgp
    dgp

Yep, I would be interested in that, too. I saw two trailers in You Tube.

• ziddina
    ziddina

To Verdener?? Yeah, rented that and must have watched it 6 times during the 24-hour rental. Am checking my cable system; I think I get the Sundance channel... Rats! All they have listed on the "freebie" movies is "Man Shops Globe" and Elvis stuff...

My favorite scene in the movie? When Teis' parents are discussing the weird religion she's a member of... My second-favorite scene is when Sara tells Teis that she's a JW [they're at a shopping mall of some sort] and Teis points to some lady's baby in a carriage and asks, "Is Jehova going to kill him at Armageddon too?" Sara is visibly upset, but [dragged into it by the WTBTS brainwashing!] has to tell Teis - and the mother - that yes, Jehova was going to kill her little baby at Armageddon too!

WAAaacko!! Zid

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i just found it on blockbuster.com 3.99 for 24 hours

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aaoouuw! Wouldn't you know it - they only showed it ONCE and it doesn't look like it's going to be repeated for a long, loooong while! Zid

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Another ex-JW got the torrent version. I am not that computer literate. Take the 3.99 deal, it's worth it.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I just finished watching it, wow what a different perspective to see it from the outside... I wonder what does a JW thinks of this movie? Does it make them sick? Do they feel offended? Do they think is accurate? Isn't it her story the same of all us in a way?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I bet the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery is intentionally making it hard to find, under threat of getting sued for defamation. The Showcase Washtowels and the Asleeps are all they authorize the public to see, and that's what they demand the public believe about--and if anyone presents the Kool-Aid version, they will be sued. After all, they became legalized based on the Showcase version, and the Showcase version is "officially the truth" about the cancer.

And I hope, if the Washtowel is going to make it impossible for the makers to make any money off of it, that it ends up on LimeWire or other peer to peer service. While that will prevent anyone from making money on it, it will make it impossible for the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery to find out who to sue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit