New movie about Jehovah's Witnesses and their crazy friends

by cyberjesus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
  • zombie dub
    zombie dub

thanks ninja, downloading now, I will leave to seed for a few days too..

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

in youtube you can find the spanish lite version

• ziddina
    ziddina

Just another bit of trivia about the movie - and most of you have probably already spotted this - in the last scenes, when Sara is riding on the train towards her new life, the pretty blonde girl who is sitting in the same train car, who smiles at Sara, is the actual JW whose story inspired the movie. Read that in some review of the film somewhere... Zid

jk

• Satanus
    Satanus

How is the quality of the torrent rip? Is it a video of the movie showing in a theatre, or off a dvd?

S

• teel
    teel

Watched this movie yesterday (appropriately while my cong had meeting ), thanks for the heads up. Satanus, the torrent is a quality dvd rip, with subtitles embedded in the movie.

The factualness of the movie is staggering. Usually when JWs appear in a movie, it's some distorted view extrapolated of a couple of well known facts. This movie had almost everything right (except that PO-like JW who had a beard, but that can pass). One studying with JWs would do well to watch this movie first, to get an insider look as to what is actually to be a JW.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Keep in mind that beards are not the big no-no in the Scandanavian countries that they are here.

Apparently elders often have them.

y

• cab1000
    cab1000

Okay. Wife and I just watched this movie with our 13 yo daughter.

This movie is a MUST SEE for ALL of US! Really great!

• thetheory
    thetheory

Sundance Channel ran it because it was Denmark's official Oscar submission for Best Foreign Language Film in 2008. They put one of those movies on about once a week. It won't go into their regular rotation, so I wouldn't expect it to re-run anytime soon.

The English-version DVD of To verdener is coming out in January. You can pre-order it on Amazon. That said, the torrent is high-quality. I'm getting the DVD version for the extras.

Highly recommended for all to see.

• Balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit