Worlds Apart

by Dagney 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• whoknows
    whoknows

Thank you Thirdson. I called Blockbuster here in Los Angeles and they had two copies.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I saw it at a film festival here in LA awhile back. I thought the acting was very good. The movie was very realistic I though.

I understood the brother to have gone back to the org because he was lonely for his family. Which is totally understandable.

Doesn't Sundance have a Demand Channel?

Dagney you may be able to find it On Demand depending on what cable service you have.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The real ex-JW is in it, cameo part in the end, blonde gal in train smiles at actress playing her in movie. I have the DVD, would be willing to send to anyone if you will send back. PM me if you would like.

• Dagney
    Dagney

(waves to awaken2004!!)

Hey! How are you doing? I remember I couldn't go when you were going to see the film. I have Dish, and I don't think I have On Demand.

We should try to get together...

xx

• agent zero
    agent zero

BTTT - hopefully people look in "active topics"

Well done. Now I have to figure out how to get my kids to watch this.

i just watched this for the first time, loved it. but that's the thing, even though it's very level and realistic and not apostatey or specifically witness-bashing... how do you get a witness to watch a movie thats "about a witness girl who gets disfellowshipped"?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    how do you get a witness to watch a movie thats "about a witness girl who gets disfellowshipped"?

Maybe just tell them "it's about a witness girl", and leave out spoiling the happy ending?

• agent zero
    agent zero

But, most witnesses i know would steer clear of "a movie about a witness girl" if it's from a worldly source, knowing that it will most likely cast witnesses in a negative light...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I used it for family study night. :)

My wife was not too happy about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit