Emailed Talk From Governing Body Member Last Weekend

by tryingtoexit 51 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

"This is not the Governing Body saying this. This is Jehovah speaking to you..."

Yeeesh. What pompous, self-important hubris...

"Brothers and sisters if you are not having your family worship night, you will not be ready for survival at Armageddon . The Governing Body has worked hard to convey the seriousness of this arrangement. It cannot be underestimated. Now, you have a choice as to whether or not you will listen to the counsel, but remember, you've been warned... Since time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all, you could die this afternoon. As you sit there are you certain that your course of life would guarantee that you are in Jehovah's memory, and you would receive a resurrection?"

Same old BS... Still beating that same old drum. We heard stuff like that in the 1960's - this bro's statements are almost a word-for-word repetition of that same pre-1975 "Armageddon is coming" scare propaganda.

Bro Morris said, "I was in Vietnam . I have seen mass death....human casualties. I have smelled burning human flesh after a helicopter crash. I saw only a glimpse of what it will probably be like at Armageddon. We must be prepared."

Good grief. I smelled burning human flesh when I was only 5 years old - my family lived next to the old Stapleton Airport in Denver. A passenger airliner came in too low - came in short of the runway, and this happened in daylight, oddly enough - and ripped its belly open, including the fuel tanks, and burst into flames as it slid onto the runway apron. (Probably happened sometime in 1957 or '58...) I remember sitting on top of my kiddie jungle gym, watching the smoke rise from the burning wreck and smelling the stench - that's something I'll never forget - in the air all through our neighborhood, as the airliner burned. Many people lost their lives; emergency response wasn't prepared for something like that and the fire trucks took too long getting out to the wreck...

But that terrible tragedy didn't make me - a tiny little 4 or 5-year-old - think that 'God' was going to destroy humanity...

BTW, MeetingJunkieNoMore, "Is that why God had the Bible written 2000 years ago?"...

The latest info available from reliable archaeological sources is that the oldest bit of writing that can be established as being part of the 'bible' is approximately 3,500 years old. Just a "Johnny-come-lately" holy book/religion when one compares that to the age of certain Egyptian holy texts written on pyramid walls [don't remember which pyramids; sorry 'bout that...] which are at least 1,000 years OLDER than the 'bible'; Goddess worship [worship of various goddesses] which is AT LEAST 35,000 years old, and the religion(s) of the Australian Aborigines, which is at least 40,000 years old and may be as old as 80,000 years old...

babygirl30, LockedChaos, Ynot, Blondie... Good ones!! Zid I'm a lil' devil!

jk

• ziddina
    ziddina

Weird... my earlier attempt at a post disappeared... Whoops! THERE it is... Boy, is my face red...

Anyway, TryingToExit, thanks for posting this. It sounds like the BS the WTBTS was spouting in the 1960's - practically the same wording! Wish there was some way to force some sort of disclaimer on the Watchtower publications... : "Warning! The information you are about to receive has been issued for the last 100+ (130??) years regarding the same "Armageddon/Time of the End", without said "Armageddon" being so much as a dark [volcanic ] cloud on the horizon...

Ynot, babygirl30, LockedChaos, Blondie - good comments!! Funny - or/and pithy! Zid

hj

• whoknows
    whoknows

I can smell the fire and sulphur right now.

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

babygirl- You bring up great points, like how does this man being in Vietnam and the fact that he wasnt "raised in the truth" mean he knows real life?? If that's the case, you're saying that not being a witness shows you what real life is. So backwards, lol, lol, lol, I don't know why they always make people feel attacked...you're always left to sit there and ponder like "damn maybe I'm really messing up". And it is crazy that he says Jehovah is speaking to you! Who says?!?! But since people believe the Governing Body are the "slave" then they feel these men actually communicate with God in a way that we don't understand, so whatever they say is coming right from God! Crazyness...it's also funny how he acts like he knows what Armageddon will be like, that email ruined my day till I came on here, lol.

chickenpea- LOL! Right, how in the hell is family study gonna prepare you for the survival of Armageddon?! Are you studying war tactics and survival methods, and planning strategies and espionage? No.....all they want is for you to be faithful to THEM and keep handing over your money until you die.

Would be funny in a way, for Armageddon to happen and brothers are still giving talks like "we've noticed alot of our brothers and sisters dying from God's anger, but we need not fear friends, just because we are inches away from God's righteous new world does not mean we stop donating and contributing. We have to keep giving our financial resources to support the organization in this final stage of God's plan"

ROTFL! I just cracked myself up.......people would probably believe that too, I'm wit you though chickepea.......how did I ever BELIEVE all of this MESS for SO LONG?!???!!

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

zid I know right, thanks for stopping by

Yup same ole same ole lingo for over a 100 years, lol @ trying to scare 6 million witnesses into doing more for the organization, cause they don't want to be part of the dead carcasses that will be decaying at Armageddon...

• flipper
    flipper

TRYING TO EXIT- Thanks for posting this . It will help all of us especially newly exiting JW's to see how mind controlled they were. I got so mad reading this I wanted to $hit bricks ! LARGE ONES ! Who the hell does this Morris freak think he is - little panty waist A-hole ?

I haven't attended meetings in 6 years - but this is one of the MOST ARROGANT displays I've seen from a GB member giving a talk.

Like all leaders of mind control cults he arrogantly states to instill fear in rank and file members " Brothers and sisters if you are not having your family worship night, you will not be ready for survival at Armageddon. " How the hell does HE know ? Is HE Jehovah ? Also this was a magical quote , " Since time and unforseen occurence befall us all , you could die this afternoon. " Yeah, right dickwad, and you could too getting struck by a lightning bolt for being so arrogant !

And using the sister who had an ANXIETY DISORDER over losing HER HOUSE as an example to not get too attached to our material possesions ? WTF ? I mean THAT is the epitome of dishonoring and disrespecting WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED to her !!!! So it's like " See brothers and sisters if you don't want to go crazy like this sister, don't get TOO attached to your homes and possesions ! " Gawd, I'm seething right now !

Also when the brother told Morris that he was " just the way he is " and Morris's response ? " Well you know what ? Jehovah may not LIKE the way you are . " Speak for yourself oh holiest of holy ones . J.G. and J.C. may not like YOU either you pompous a$$ !

And then he showed just HOW the governing body and himself de-values the worth of the average Jehovah's Witness with this quote, " Be careful that you don't say, " If only Armageddon would come I wouldn't be going through this. " Remember IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. " It never IS about the people in a mind control cult- is it ? I mean it's you Ba$tards the Watchtower society who have promised this paradise $hit to these people - why CAN'T they whine about their plight in this evil world ? OF COURSE they are getting burned out ! They pay ALL their own bills, YOU don't ! You sit in your guilded cage at Bethel with free everything provided for you - jerk !

And then at the end he states, " I was in Vietnam, I have seen mass death, human casualties ... . I have smelled burning human flesh after a helicopter crash. " Translation : I'm ready to see all the destruction- you're not. I've fought in Wars - I can handle it , you can't.

Enough already ! If I keep on writing I'm going to flame out myself ! If ANY of you have relatives in this dangerous mind control cult - please do EVERYTHING you can to help them get out. End of my rant, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

I just have to bump this thread back up for newbies and others to see the insanity which possesses current governing body members. People take a read on this, seriously, and comment on this newbies thread. This is some twisted stuff

• metatron
    metatron

"How would you feel if right now you lost everything?"

What, like the Bethelites they dumped?

metatron

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Morris didn't look too insane to me. I suppose I should have known better. Maybe becoming a GB member is like an amusement park ride--you must be insane up to your eyeballs to qualify!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Whether or not you will listen to the counsel, but remember, you've been warned." Then in another part of the talk he asked, "Since time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all, you could die this afternoon. As you sit there are you certain that your course of life would guarantee that you are in Jehovah's memory, and you would receive a resurrection?

Since they no longer teach we are in a judgement period, of course we would be resurrected.

Ugh my brain hurts from reading it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit