Feb 15 2010 WT Questions From Readers

by garlic81 27 Replies latest jw friends

• garlic81
    garlic81

The article can be listened to from jw.org. There is more than one question. The first is about rebaptism. This post is in regards to the second question.

The second question talks about living arrangements, and states that it would not be wise for several people to share a house where two members of the opposite sex would would not normally be alone, because others would normally be there, but it could momentarily happen if others were away. I got to thinking what about the missionary homes that are shared by several missionary couples?

Couldn't there be times when momentarily one spouse could be at the house and another missionary of the opposite sex could be there? What if the missionary husband who was an elder had a congregation matter to attend to, and another brothers wife was out on a bible study with a different person in the congregation. Taht could leave the sister of the first elder and the husband of the other wife mentioned home alone...

• Gayle
    Gayle

Interesting point!! I would suspect that it has happened! It's even happened at Brooklyn Bethel.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

And what about all those bi-sexual women (which is to say, women), living together?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ray Franz mentioned in COC that living in a missionary home with several young sisters was very difficult for him.

I appreciate his candor.

Sylvia

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Couldn't there be times when momentarily one spouse could be at the house and another missionary of the opposite sex could be there?

Garlic, true.

But you are aware of the "two hour" rule that elders use that assumes if two people are alone in a home together that they are having sex.

So I guess if that were the case, after about an hour and a half, one of the persons would have to go out for a walk for a few minutes to reset the clock.

Rub a Dub

• Tristram
    Tristram

I just enjoy musing how "QFR" are no longer anything of the sort.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Now that I think about it, this is likely where the term "Missionary Position" comes from!

With many missionary couples and singles living together, there isn't much time when just two people are alone.

However, when the situation exists, the man just jumps on top and hammers away. No whipped cream, cherries, scented oil, candles, massages ... nothing but slam, bam, thank you maam (or more correctly, sister).

So now I understand the term "Missionary Position" much better.

Rub a Dub

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I have heard of common situations where a couple might take in a man or woman as essentially a roomate because its so expensive to find housing. Or because someone lost their job, or otherwise needs help. My own family has done this several times. What about them? If a couple in the congregation can't take in either a male or female, where do they go? What about looking after the "widows and the orphans" for Christ's sake?

This religion has become so pharisaical its beyond belief.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

What about gay people?

It is hilarious how if you are with someone of the opposite sex you are automatically having sex with them. A couple of years ago I gave a 'sister' in my cong a lift home as she'd been at my parents house and was leaving the same time as me and had no car.

I unlocked the car and she got in the back. I was like, do I smell or something? and she was like, no it isn't appropriate to sit in the front - on a 5 minute car journey. Hahahaha, she was in her 50s/60s and had a moustache, there really was more chance I would get sexual urges towards the gear knob than her. Maybe wishful thinking on her part.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    What about gay people?

They do not exist within "Jehovah's clean people"....

We had a single Circuit Overseer once..He told us that we had to get him accommodation where both the husband and wife would be there for breakfast and when he got back . This guy felt uncomfortable with the wife alone...

I have known some women like those that zombie dub tells of ...I felt insulted, personally if they said things like that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit