Feb 15 2010 WT Questions From Readers

by garlic81 27 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The Society cannot trust it's parishoners. If you cannot trust, you must make edicts, rules, and laws that prevent 'sin'.

Of course it doesn't work so well. Hormones and pheremones being what they are.

The real problem is their attempt to legislate righteous conduct. It has never been done successfully. I have known some people of integrity - those people would not think of crossing lines that they themselves had drawn. I have known some people with no integrity - those people have no problem crossing any line drawn by anyone.

They are cultivating the wrong qualities. Trust and integrity come from within, not on page 32 of a doomsayer periodical.

Jeff

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Normal people who are in the same house with members of the opposite sex do not automatically think about sex.

• teel
    teel

Would you call JWs normal? To some just trying to conform to such step-by-step guideline to living life can easily backfire. One JW constantly reads that being alone with someone of opposite sex will easily lead to sex. So what will his first thought be when such opportunity arrives? You guessed it...

• IMHO
    IMHO

The BIG thing always seems to be 'What will the neighbors think?'

Well I'll tell you what they'll think!

When I was single living in a flat the neighbours told me they were glad when they saw a woman go to my place because they were beginning to think I was queer with all the guys coming and going.

• undercover
    undercover
    The second question talks about living arrangements, and states that it would not be wise for several people to share a house where two members of the opposite sex would would not normally be alone, because others would normally be there, but it could momentarily happen if others were away. I got to thinking what about the missionary homes that are shared by several missionary couples?

I got to thinking about the current economic crisis and how that has caused some people to come to the aid of family and friends who are suffering...

On more than one occasion my wife and I have opened our home to people who needed temporary housing while either out of work, rebuilding a destroyed home or who were relocating from another area and hadn't closed on a new house yet.

In all instances, there were always times that me or my wife were home alone with members of the opposite sex who we were not married to. I've been home alone...overnight even, when my wife was gone and the husband of the family we were putting up was gone, leaving me alone with another woman in the house. My sister-in-law, young and single, lived with us for several months. There were lots of occasions where we were alone.

What really stands out to me about this is that what most people would consider Christian charity...opening your home to those in need and giving them shelter...is discouraged and counseled against by a corporation who is so worried about keeping its reputation squeeky clean that it forgets exactly what it means to be charitable, hospitable and a Christian.

Bastards, the lot of em...

But, OTOH...I just thought of this, heh heh heh... If you've got non-immediate family living with you and you've been itching for them to move out, the Society just gave you Jah's blessing to kick em out.

"So sorry, guys...we really hate to kick you out but the Society says this is a bad arrangement. You know none of us want to grieve the Holy Spirit by ignoring counsel from the brothers, right?"

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

God help the young brother who has an alsatian bitch for a pet. AND LIVES ALONE...

HB

• independent_tre
    independent_tre
    The BIG thing always seems to be 'What will the neighbors think?'
    Well I'll tell you what they'll think!
    When I was single living in a flat the neighbours told me they were glad when they saw a woman go to my place because they were beginning to think I was queer with all the guys coming and going.

That made me laugh...

• Farkel
    Farkel

It would eliminate all the suspicion, speculation and drama if a guy and a gal who are not married to each other would just boink in front of every one the first time they met and get it all over with.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit