Watchtower Headquarters Planning the Big Move

by Kenneson 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sspo
    sspo

Funny thing is that the JW's are already saying that the Society is making this major move because

they feel the end is very close and they don't want to be right in the city.

Every decision the society makes it gives the witness a little charge, that the end has to be around the corner,

it's been going on for 140 years..........very sad indeed.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The reason of the move might be the fact that the buildings and facilities in Brooklyn are now old and dated,

but they still hold high real estate value. They can now rebuild with new modern equipment and create better

living conditions for the slaves.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

LIT - thanks for the interesting comments.

Another benefit is getting young bethalites away from the "corrupting" influence of New York City.

Life will be quite depressing for young bethelites in Warwick, NY would have been great fun and offset the absolute boredom of bethel life. Being in Bethel even in a big city was like being in a cult commune; it will be far worse now. The depression I went through when I was in Bethel is coming back to me just thinking about this thread.

They certainly are not thinking about what is best for the "brothers". Having Bethelites in congregations was always considered a privilege and upbuilding. Having them en masse in a small town instead of assisting numerous congregations in New York is not going to much help to anyone.

• Bangalore
  • sir82
    sir82
    The buildings, to be constructed on 30 of 257 total acres, would be sustainable and eco-friendly.

Hey, wait a minute...I thought Armageddon was "imminent"?!?

What's the point of spending extra money to make the buildings "sustainable and eco-friendly" if all non-JWs are to be imminently slaughtered and human civilization is to be imminently exterminated?

Say, brothers, you're not lacking faith, are you?

• blondie
    blondie

jwfacts, the congregations within 50 miles of Wallkill have experienced an overload of Bethelites in the congregations for over 25 years. Many congregations consist of 1/3 Bethelites. I was in one congregation with 12 elders (only 3 were local). That puts a different twist on things.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if they are going to be dumb enough to move to Bangor, Maine--or any of the nearby towns like Belfast, Bucksport, or Ellsworth.

• j_homebrew
    j_homebrew

This is kind of sad for the newboys. Despite having my best years sucked away by a cult I still have great memories of NYC, the nightlife, the Brooklyn Brewery, etc. Also the old buildings had a lot of great history, and there was a down to earth feel to 124 and 107. The factory and 360 were both cool buildings. But now you won't get any of that as a newboy. Just 100% cult compound 365 24/7. No sitting on the roof drinking IPA staring at the NYC skyline.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It would be nice if the WBT$ could move here..

I looked..

Hammer HeadThere is no "Planet Moron"..Hammer Head

So Mars is the next best thing..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Outlaw That was priceless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit