Watchtower Headquarters Planning the Big Move

by Kenneson 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

They even put a call out for witnesses to learn Spanish to help Spanish speaking congregations

Yup, because it's sooo helpful to have Elders who speak at the same level as a six year old in charge of your life. No they do not "learn Spanish", they memorize a few hundred words and randomly spew them with poor pronunciation.

After all, they are school janitors for the most part.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

OK I'll share my favorite experience with the newly minted "Spanish Speaking" Elders. One of the words they teach in JW Spanish class is "coger". To the JWs it means "to get", but to the rest of the Spanish speakers on the American continent it means F*&K! So the Elder is "coger" this and "coger" that and I held up pretty up well until he used the word "excitado", saying he was very sexually excited to be here on the campaign trail when he meant to say "emotionally excited to be on the dais"

I wonder how much "life advice" he has given to young JWs or how many families he has "lovingly counseled"

When you are in the Americas, speak American Spanish, when you are in Europe, use their idioms.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I wonder how many KH's in NYC will close because of this.

• man oh man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit