Is the partakers numbers out yet...

by 1914BS 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

MEMORIAL PARTAKERS WORLDWIDE: 9,986 (in 2008)

http://www.watchtower.org/e/statistics/worldwide_report.htm

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Almost to 10,000! Just like the DOW JONES.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If it is over 10k, we'll know because they won't release the number.

They won't spin it; they'll hide it. It was WAY UP last year and they didn't say boo. A little bump to above 10k isn't going to stir any comment because they'll just cover it up. There may be a little spin on why it isn't counted anymore but it will relate to inaccuracies from third world countries or some other such nonsense.

The only number they'll release is if it went down from 2008.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Will someone please explain the difference between 'anointed' and 'genuine anointed'?

'anointed' = delusional

'genuine anointed'= sectionable

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Ooops, prematurely pressed return...the condition of 'annointed' only exists in the heads of those professing to be. In my opinion, anyone who professes to be hand picked by God to RULE is delusional (or just living in a fantasy world).

• White Dove
    White Dove

Even as a kid I couldn't get my head around the worshipped annointed having been annointed by HS by just thinking they are. It was weird. My mom always said that there was something special about them. Most Christians like to think they are going to heaven, so maybe they are just thinking like real Christians in this respect.

Dovey, of the I don't buy it for a minute class.

• sir82
    sir82
    Will someone please explain the difference between 'anointed' and 'genuine anointed'?

Genuine anointed = hears voices in his head

Anointed = wants the prestige of being considered as a person who hears voices in his head

• Mary
    Mary

Someone did a post on here a few weeks ago about a talk some CO or DO had recently given. In addition to lambasting everyone for being a bunch of slackers, the speaker also made a disparaging comment about those who are partaking of the emblems when, in Mothers' mind---they shouldn't be. Then in the same breath he said something about how we shouldn't be 'judging these ones' if they partake.

From the Dubs I know, most of them simply dismiss the rising number of partakers as people getting 'puffed up' and 'thinking too much of themselves' by wanting to rule in heaven with Jesus. But since the WT has always officially said that 'it's between that person and Jehovah', they can't exactly refuse to let them partake. However, the pressure on newer Dubs, or anyone who doesn't 'fit the criteria' is enormous. One of my father's friends (in his early 70s now) started taking the emblems about 25 years ago and the elders were all over him like a fly on sh*t. They harassed the hell out of him and pressured him not to partake as it "could stumble some", especially since the "door was closed around 1935". When that didn't work, the elders took the lead in a form of shunning of this guy. Nothing official as he had not done anything wrong (technically), but a great number in his congregation would not invite him over for any social gatherings anymore, alot of elders would not ask for his comments during any WT study (no matter how many times he put his hand up) and he was snubbed at many turns.

Nice way of not judging someone eh?

• peacedog
    peacedog

> "If it is over 10k, we'll know because they won't release the number."

The GB can and will release whatever number they want. If they want it to appear as though the number of "anointed" is shrinking, they'll publish a lower number. If they want it to appear as though the number of "anointed" is growing, they'll publish a higher number.

The fact is, they needed some new blood. Prior to the published increase of recent years, the GB was faced with a group of "anointed" who collectively had one foot in the grave - remember, the "calling" ended in 1935. Do the math and calculate how old the "anointed" class was. How long before the average dub started to question the integrity of the 1935 generation, just as happened with the 1914 generation?

The GB needed new blood to allow "anointed" to carry the torch into the foreseeable future and so they published an increase. Once they're satisfied that the rank and file have grasped the concept that there are now younger "anointed" and therefore the "anointed" class can continue on into the foreseeable future, they'll switch back to publishing a slowly decreasing number.

peace

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

'anointed' - a loony JW who believes is going to heaven but the GB/local elders have branded as 'crazy' and 'unfit' for heaven.

'genuine anointed' - a loony JW who believes is going to heaven but the GB/local elders also believe that too. must be someone who dedicates all their life/soul/energy to the WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit