Jonestown cult and the JWs

by jonathan dough 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

dough for brains,

You think the JW's would commit suicide like Jonestown?

You are a very sick bastard.

Judge Dread

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

dread - they do though, not as obviously but how many commit suicide by not taking blood, or in the past by refusing vacinations or organ transplants - it's all suicide.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

zombie

how many commit suicide by not taking blood, or in the past by refusing vacinations or organ transplants - it's all suicide.

Tell me, how many do you know?

Judge Dread

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Vacinactions and organ transplants - none, I'm only mid-20's.

I know of 2 people that died by not taking blood when they needed to and also 2 people that killed themselves due to depression and the WT forbidding people to get 'outside' help.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

if any of you are in the UK and have Virgin, its on TV choice on demand right now.

its also mentioned extensively in Robert Levines book 'the power of persuasion' - intersting read. I did my PGCE dissertation on the psychology of advertising.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

I know at least 3 that committed suicide that were NOT JW's.

I know of ONE that died because they did not take a transfusion, and at least 2 that DID NOT take a transfusion and lived to tell about it.

The comparison to Jonestown is bulls**t.........period.

By the way, those that you know that DID NOT take a transfusion, would they have lived if they would have? Do ypu know for sure?

Judge Dread

• yknot
    yknot

Okay.....back to topic...

While the WTS has a long history of speaking beyond scripture in medical matters and no one is disputing this...... a mass suicide on par with Jonestown is what we are discussing.

Does anyone else like Jonathan really believe at nearly 7 million members the WTS would consider suggesting a mass organzied suicide?

That the WTS really loves control over money.......

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

they wouldn't commit a mass suicide - no, I still think the deaths from refusing blood, depression and the lives ruined as just as bad though, if not worse when you consider the larger scale of the WT compared to John Jones' cult.

Judge Dread - I have no idea how much longer they would have lived for sure, but people should have the right to at least try and live. There is no basis for banning blood in the bible, it's just an embarrasing rule from the WT past that they can't reverse because too many people have already died because of it.

• designs
    designs

Jonathan , you're obsessed and more than a bit deceptive. You'd have people come to your Fundamentalist version of religion and on a body count basis your Cult makes the Society's body count look puny.

Freedom means really being free.......from all of the cults.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    That the WTS really loves control over money.......

yknot,

Part of the discussions on this board center around the fact that many JW's do not make alot of money. Window cleaners, janitors, that kind of thing.

So how is it that the WTS is in it for "the money"?

From my own experience, the householders don't contribute spit to the WTS. Most of the money comes from the publishers.

Judge Dread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit