The homeless sister and the $60,000 RV

by HappyGuy 39 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

I often wondered what the JW's would do, if they had to make a forced exodus like the Israelites- would they help the weak, elderly and sick or just leave them by the side of the road for Caesar to take care of or dispose?

• musky
    musky

HappyGuy, Thank you for posting that story.So I take it you are off the committee?LOL

I am glad to see you stood up for what you thought was right.There should have been no problem at all with you voicing your opinion at the hall,provided you did not raise your voice or went crazy all over em.

"the society is not a social welfare organization"

Yet that is what the "society" is all about isn't it?Telling followers to go and help others get eternal life by preaching the good news about Jehovah's kingdom?We donated our time and money to go door to door to help others.So,why can't the society help it's own members when they need it?Your story makes me wonder why most witnesses go door to door.It has more to do with getting their own salvation than helping others.

I look forward to reading more of you posts!

• lancelink
    lancelink

Great story, thank you for sharing it

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The problem is that that elderly homelss woman could not grant them everlasting life in Paradise the way a Circuit Servant could.

Time to get with the program!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Interesting account Happyguy. Welcome to the board.

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Simply disgusting! And still they have the ¨boldness to write on the magazines (in the 'purpose' section) that they are a CHARITY society!!!!! Shame on them!

Claudia

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • loosie
    loosie

Wow happy guy you have guts. Hats off to you.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

How did the congregation vote regarding the donations for the CO? Did others think you made a good point or did they all side with the elders?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Happy Guy, it seems to me that you are also a good guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit