New understanding

by darnkid 27 Replies latest jw friends

• darnkid
    darnkid

I am disfellowshipped and I have two girls who live with their Dad. All of them are witnesses. My oldest is 19 and baptized. She does not come over to my house anymore and only talks to me about her health or education. (I managed to get her into college!). My youngest just turned 17 and I have one more year until she stops coming over.

My question is this, I made mention to my ex about being able to meet any brother my daughter may wish to marry because my father, who was an elder for years, was at one point disfellowshipped, during the time I was dating/engaged to my ex and the two of them never talked. My dad was reinstated one week before my wedding. He now says he had misinformation and that he could have gotten to know my ex ahead of time. When I mentioned to my ex about meeting anyone he said there was "new thinking". I did not ask him what, did not want to give him the satisfaction-he loves that I am out on the fringe and that they are all "his".

Does anyone know of any new thinking on this? Isn't who they marry "family business" and something they can discuss with me?

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

well personally, I think once they get in college, they will enjoy the freedom... you may get them back xx

• cantleave
    cantleave

If your daughter marries a baptised brother he will not talk to you. Families are only to be contacted in "emergency" situations.

• cantleave
    cantleave

w027/15p.31SowRighteousness,ReapGod’sLoving-Kindness

Illustrating how foolish action results in bad consequences, Solomon states: “Asforanyonebringingostracismuponhisownhouse,hewilltakepossessionofwind.” (Proverbs 11:29a) Achan’s wrongdoing ‘brought ostracism upon him,’ and both he and members of his family were stoned to death. (Joshua, chapter 7) Today, the head of a Christian household and others in his family may get involved in wrongdoing that results in their being disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation. By personally failing to comply with God’s commandments and by tolerating serious wrongdoing within his family, a man brings ostracism upon his own house. He and perhaps others in his family are excluded from Christian association as unrepentant wrongdoers.

• darnkid
    darnkid

cantleave: are you still in the organization?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yeah - I was an Elder until 2 weeks ago.

• darnkid
    darnkid

Why do you stay?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Read my posts - all will be explained.

• darnkid
    darnkid

I am new here, how do I find your posts?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Cantleave is still in. I imagine that Cantleave is just posting what the dad probably believes because it's in the literature. It never ceaces to amaze me how the society teaches both the old rules of the Mosaic law and tries to marry those rules with the new law covenant. There are only 2 commandments Christians are told they must follow, according to Jesus words. Here the JW's have both sets of rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit