Do any of your friends worry you will go back?

by creativhoney 23 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

@baby girl, yes I read and then forgot where I read it, - what an odd reverse psychology they have. - seems if they mix with you on the down low anyway they are being naughty girls..

its crazy some of my family arent even baptized and they shun me. - my second nephew whos about 24 and his wife and my neice whos 18 - and her fiancee. - well I dont suppose they actively shun me they just havent had anything to do with me since I left, but my nephews wife is always asking how i am via my sister, and I say just tell them to come visit, they arent even baptized and they arent planning it?

and lol@ NORMAL!?!?

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

i just want to get out!! Only one thing has to happen for that to occur

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

My kids think i'm going to go back if i pick up the bible, or read one of mom's magazines. Sometimes i'm too scared to even look in a Watchtower's direction, you'd be amazed how quick they notice it.

Paul

• pat1060
    pat1060

I did fall away for several years and went back...The control is still effecting us even when we fall away.It is good to read a lot when you are fading...It is understandable the people we are close to wonder if we will ever go back..No one can understand except those of us that have been part of it.

• darnkid
    darnkid

My friends (the few I have managed to find upon leaving) ask me that because my children won't have anything to do with me. They know how painful it is not only to lose your parents and your children, but to come out of it also with no base of friends to lean on.

My answer is always NO. Even though it is painful, even though I will miss out on their weddings and babies (I am bad association even for grandbabies), and they would miss out on whatever wedding I may be blessed with someday, I cannot live as a hypocrit and a fake like I did for 30 some years. It nearly, literally, killed me.

• Newborn
    Newborn

whatistruth

what thing??

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

newborn

My wife. She is so devout to this religion, i couldn't leave while we were together, so many fights and threats, life would be miserable. I would have to leave her first. We have a horrible marriage right now even though i am going. With all things being equal we should'nt be together anyway. Without her I leave this cult in a second.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Well cue the spooky Friday the 13th music.......my husband is going to the meeting Sunday. Not according to his wishes, but because he's in the company of other witnesses on a hunting trip. I still can't believe he went, opening season must really be important to him

But he refused to shave off the goatee ;)

Here's to hoping he doesn't get pangs of guilt.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only way I would ever go back is if I got forced back. They have broken so many promises, and have wanted so much out of me with nothing in return, that I will not believe anything they tell me. Plus, I do not want to pollute the "new earth" for the opposite sex by being there (which is something I saw would happen if I stayed in and it was the truth)--another strong disincentive to ever go back into that cancer (and a good reason to stay apostate).

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    My wife. She is so devout to this religion, i couldn't leave while we were together, so many fights and threats, life would be miserable. I would have to leave her first. We have a horrible marriage right now even though i am going. With all things being equal we should'nt be together anyway. Without her I leave this cult in a second.

OMG..that is horrible. Leave something NOW. What the hell are you waiting for? Either her, the religion or both somthing's got to go. Don't just stand around waiting for something to push you over the edge. This might be your ONLY life...get busy living it.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit