Do any of your friends worry you will go back?

by creativhoney 23 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

hello all.

in thes spirit of another thread I read where the boyfriend was badgering our poster about the religion saying he wanted her to forget it and not go back..

do you have friends that worry?

my best friend is always asking me... do you think you will go back?

do you think its because when we were in we so vehemently proclaimed we believed it? - its like they are terrified of losing us to it which makes sense,

are we that volatile? about to pop right back there?

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

and what makes people so paranoid that we will?

this is my second xmas, - my friends are now saying things like - well we werent sure if you would have gone back, so we didnt know how to act around xmas..

will this happen forever? -

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My family and friends know I won't ever go back to the cult. I know the JWs teachings are lies, and can easily prove it even from their own bible or other publications. I have no family in the cult any more, and I never had friends in the cult even when I was a JW. There's nothing to go back to.

W

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Your "worldly" friends likely equate your leaving the JWs to their own struggles with faith, which are usually much more nuanced than what a JW goes through IF they ever allow themselves to have their own internal discussion about their faith.

They would be returning to a "faith" (or maybe just a "religion"). We would be returning to a cult.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

you have a pm creativhoney :-)

• nelly136
    nelly136

creativ its a bit like battered person syndrome,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battered_person_syndrome#Symptomology

the abused will often return to the abuser.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I'm guessing you're alluding to MY post about my bf and his 'disregard' for JWS?

Besides him though, it's not my non-JW friends that ask...but the few JW ones that Im still associated with that CONTINUE to ask! There are 3 of them, and they will talk to me 'on the low', and hang out with (out of town) - but inevitably, they start asking me when I'm coming back...or lay down comment of "I wish you would just get reinstated so we could hang out!" When they say that it makes me doubt my decision NOT to go back at times because I miss my girls, I hate 'hiding' and not being able to freely spend time with my friends in public like NORMAL people.

Then I remember WHAT happened to me and HOW the elders treated me and I go back to normal on my own! -hahahaha

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

- I see what you mean, but I have no intention of going back. the only appeal it holds is my family - but a family should not make you choose between their love and your beliefs (unless you believe in serial murder etc) - so I wont go back. - my family would expect all the compromise from my end and although I love them I could not spend my life doing something I just dont believe.

but yes quite often Ill mention something and my friend will say.. oh your thinking of going back? og are you gonna go back then.. and I say No? because that thought hadnt even occured to me - but it does to them all the time..

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

oh and replied :)

• Newborn
    Newborn

I think my parents would be most worried but they know I won't

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit