Anyone here trying to lose weight?

by cognac 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    It has been my experience that breastfeeding is the best and quickest way to lose the rest of your "baby fat."
    It's good for the baby and for the mommy.

It didn't do me any good.

W

• Robdar
    Robdar
    It didn't do me any good.

LOL. Gee, I wonder why?

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

are you suggesting we should all get pregnant? becaue then I would have to put on weight in order to lose it

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I lost weight over the past couple of years. At first it was gradual. I simply cut back on eating out, especially at lunch, and I cut out ice cream. Since January I have lost more weight by eating mostly healthy vegetarian foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans. I cut out soft drinks. I started walking and jogging regularly. I got down to about 120 lbs. (I'm about 5' 6".)

Over the last couple of months, however, I have gone off my diet and I've fallen out of my exercise routine. Actually, I'm not too concerned about the diet. I still eat healthy foods for the most part. I do want to get back to jogging regularly though. I have noticed a slight weight gain around my waist, which is where my body likes to store fat, but it is not too bad.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    are you suggesting we should all get pregnant? becaue then I would have to put on weight in order to lose it

Nope. LOL

Cognac said she doesn't know why she has been losing weight except she has been breast feeding. I lost weight when I was breastfeeding also.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

you must be a very slim build. if I weighed 120bls I would look too thin, Im actually skinny at 140lbs

• Robdar
    Robdar
    you must be a very slim build. if I weighed 120bls I would look too thin, Im actually skinny at 140lbs

You sound voluptuous. It must be wonderful.

I am a slim build and when I was younger I used to eat big bowls of honey and ice cream trying to gain weight. Nothing worked. But now that I am in my 40's my metabolism is slowing down a bit. There has been some weight gain but not a whole lot.

• xeracia
    xeracia

I'm trying to lose weight and get healthy too. I quit smoking July 1st, and decided the weight was the next step. I've been trying to eat healthier and have been walking everyday for the last six weeks and so far that hasn't done anything. Kinda frustrating:(

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It might be cause I'm breastfeeding...

I tried that. Gained more weight. I really enjoyed feeding at those breasts.

Okay, I couldn't help myself. I will strike through it so nobody reads it. Nevermind.

• xeracia
    xeracia

Oh my!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit