Giving *deserving ones* Jehovah’s *undeserved kindness*

by OnTheWayOut 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A youtuber, 21Crosscheck21, has an excellent point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JlSfmBtT7E

The Kingdom Ministry, December 1993, page 7 says:

"We want to give *deserving ones* the opportunity to learn of Jehovah’s *undeserved kindness* and the Kingdom hope."

Is this like political speak? Say something that really means nothing. How can someone deserve what is undeserved?

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- Good u-tube. Thanks for posting it. It reminded me of my daughter telling me at coffee a year and a half ago- " Dad, None of us DESERVE to live, we all DESERVE to die ! Only by Jesus sacrifice are we able to live. " So that confuses it even more , if ALL of us deserve to die , how can ANYBODY be a " deserving " one ? And what the hell does " undeserved kindness " mean anyway ? I mean, just the term is an oxymoron. Like " I'm receiving your kindness, but I don't deserve it ? " Begs the question, " Well, WHY don't I deserve it ? " It's all a bunch of garbled up word raping

• Open mind
    Open mind

Good find OTWO!

Pulling up WT Library right now!

om

• Open mind
    Open mind

*** km 12/93 p. 7 Sow Bountifully but With Discernment ***
    Sow Bountifully but With Discernment
    1 Every farmer knows that if he sows his seed bountifully, he will likely reap a bountiful harvest, but if he sows sparingly, he will assuredly reap sparingly. (2 Cor. 9:6) Farmers are careful not to waste seed by sowing where no growth is possible. Similar discernment is needed when we offer our literature in the field. Our desire is to leave literature with those who are interested in reading it. We want to give deserving ones the opportunity to learn of Jehovah’s undeserved kindness and the Kingdom hope.
    2 Do you find that magazines, brochures, and other publications are accumulating on a shelf at home when they could be used to bring deserving ones in your territory to a knowledge of the truth? (Compare Matthew 25:25.) Do you sometimes hold back from offering magazines or other literature on the first call simply because you find it awkward to mention how the Kingdom preaching work is supported? Experienced publishers have found that appreciative householders respond to a simple, direct statement when they are told how donations to the Kingdom work are handled.
    3 You might say:
    ? “You may be wondering how we can offer literature without charge. It is a part of a worldwide educational work supported by voluntary contributions. If you would like to make a small donation toward the work, I would be very glad to accept it.”
    4 Many householders will ask how much the literature costs.
    You could reply:
    ? “There is no charge for the literature because our work is supported by voluntary donations. If you would like to make a small donation today, we would be happy to see that it is used in the worldwide preaching work.”
    Or you could say:
    ? “We make our literature available to all who are interested in learning more about the Bible. If you would like to make a small donation toward this worldwide work, I would be pleased to forward it for you.”
    5 In magazine work some publishers show the inside page of a magazine and say:
    ? “As you see here, our work is supported by voluntary donations. If you would like to make a small donation to help with this work, I am in a position to handle it.”
    Here is another simple expression:
    ? “Although our literature is offered without charge, we do accept modest donations for our worldwide work.”
    6 We should never hold back from sowing Kingdom seed because we are reluctant to mention how the work is financed. At the same time, discernment is needed so that our literature is not wasted on ‘rocky soil.’ (Mark 4:5, 6, 16, 17) Those who appreciate the good news we bring are glad to have the opportunity to contribute to its material support.—Compare Matthew 10:42.

DOH!

• avishai
    avishai

Oww, my head.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

We can carry this to ridiculous extremes, but it's already pretty ridiculous.

Jehovah created Mankind, Jehovah created perfection, but the perfection became flawed. The flaw is Mankind's and not that of Jehovah.
    Since Jehovah's creation is flawed, Jehovah's creation doesn't deserve anything Jehovah gives it.

Apply that to children to see how silly it is. A man and woman have children. The children make mistakes and disobey their parents sometimes.
    The parents brought them into the world and gave them good instructions, but the children flawed- not the parents. The children don't deserve anything the parents do for them.

That makes no sense whatsoever. IN REALITY: Parents brought children into the world and the parents are supposed to be responsible for their well-being. Children deserve care and love and good parents. They don't always get it, but it's the parents' fault when that happens.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Jehovah's Witnesses "deserve" their own dictionary. Since they pulled it right out of their @$$, I vote that we attempt to shove it back from whence it came....

• dinah
    dinah

Oww my head too.

They throw that word "undeserved" in there as mind control, to batter self-esteem from the people they have recruited with low self esteem.

The word undeserved means that you are not worthy to lick the salt off the GB's balls. (A task left for little boys). I prefer the word "Grace" it has almost the same meaning, without making someone feel like dogshit on God's heel.

There are so many words they use, so many subtle changes they made in the bible to set people up for failure (in the world) to keep them dependent on the Borg.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

God claims we are all undeserving. That means there are no "deserving ones", since they are all by definition undeserving.

Why, therefore, do we waste our time and money looking for "deserving ones" when there are no such "deserving ones"?

• designs
    designs

Willy Loman.......Death Of A Salesman

Kind of like Calvinism, from which many of the Society's warped views came from, they were the joy killers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit