Just was given the 'cold shoulder' by my own sister in public...

by babygirl30 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

sorry.....what was i thinking......the fat,sloppy,bitch,cow probably deserves it

• dgp
    dgp

Not to pass for spiritual, but, when you forgive, the person who hurt you stops having any influence over you. I have personally experienced this.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Oh....let me apologize for thinking THIS was the 1 place I can VENT freely and not be judged! LOL

Seriously, I said that stuff because I was upset. But I don't consider what I said (or in the context it was said) as vindictive...at no time have I made any attempts to 'get at' my sister, pay her back for all the wrong she's done, tried to expose her secret 'life', nor done ANYTHING at all to her that I would be ashamed of or feel guilty for.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

dgp I agree with you... forgiveness is actually very smug and good for YOU... I cant recall where I read it but to forgive means YOU let go of the anger that is making YOU feel bad, and YOU start to feel more positive. - even if they never know, it helps YOU Move on..

you cant change others, and think they want you to feel bad and bitter. - DOnt let them x

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I know just how crazy-making it is to deal with people with personality disorders; so I know how frustrated you are.

My only caveat would be that there is nothing "technical" about bpd being a mental illness - it is full blown mental illness, and one of the worst kinds.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Awww I feel ya girl. I know I kinda vented on here too. It's not like I am really a mean person but I just needed to let it out some where. It's ok. Some ppl don't understand. This is siber world to us not real. But if you want you can PM me sometime and vent all you want I will listen.

As far as your sister, geez so sorry you have to deal with that crap. Some people... well just know who you are and don't let her get to you. You seem to have good things going for ya, just repeat them in you head and smile. You are a better person when you keep your cool. Your niece will see it eventually. When she's older she will remember her sweet auntie that always cared.

• ninja
    ninja

yeah...your niece will see the sweet auntie who called her mum a fat,sloppy bitch,cow.............and how you always cared..........

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

ninja your cracking me up... yeah babygirl30 I really hope you don't cause a scene in front of your niece lol that would look really bad... and then well I would have to agree with ninja on his comments...

• lola28
    lola28

You have to keep in mind that your sister has two things working against her, the first is that she has a mental disorder, the second that she is in a cult. She is not in full control of her mind. Your post here is absolutely vicious, I can’t imagine ever calling either of my sisters any of the things that you’ve called yours. Your sister is mentally ill and that’s why she reacts the way she does towards you, but what’s your excuse for being so mean spirited and down right awful?

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Ninja - u r funny!! My niece loved me (when I was allowed around her) and would cry when I would leave...I believe because she KNEW that things between her mom and me were not 'ok' and that I probably would NOT see her regularly. NOT of my own choice - but that of her mothers. LONG story, but most BPD's use their children as 'leverage' to get what they want...or else they prevent the kids from being involved with the family until things go THEIR way. Hard to explain unless you've been there.

Lola28 - for the record, never EVER have I ever said such cruel things TO my sister. Not that kind of person to verbally attack someone (even though that is my sisters favorite thing to do to others)...I simply was venting my frustration and anger HERE online. At no time have I or would I - cause a 'scene' in front of my lil niece!! That is childish and would make ME just as bad as my sis. Lil one is innocent in this...her mother has used HER as bargaining piece, and it's sad that in the end, my niece misses out. So there is nothing awful about me at all. As I stated twice in this posting, that I was only venting...and felt comfortable enough to do so HERE on this board, because the reason my sister shuns me is due to the religious aspect. I may not be a JW anymore, but I still believe in "return evil for evil to no one" and continue to live that way. Until dealing with someone who is mentally ill and chooses YOU as their repeated target - then you really cannot label ME as "mean spirited and downright awful"...now can you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit