New construction in Walkill just announced - requesting volunteer workers 19-55 yrs. old.

by cattails 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

I wonder who they would pick if they only had two choices: one brother had "good spiritual qualifications", but couldn't swing a hammer, and another brother didn't have such "good" spiritual qualifications, but was a master carpenter.

I'd bet a cup of coffee that the "good" requirement would go straight into the toilet in that case.

Oh absolutely. "Good spiritual qualifications" is an extremely flexible yardstick.

There's a guy in our congregation who is probably the best locksmith, JW or not, in the county. He averages about 2 or 3 hours a month in the field misery, and so is not even "qualified" to carry a microphone at the Kingdom Hall, yet somehow he is in demand almost every week at a Kingdom Hall construction project.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Oh Dear!!! Once again 'I don't qualify'!!

fokyc

• ssn587
    ssn587

It has been pointed out by a poster that they are an organization and that they plan ahead, exactly they are nothing but an organization or rather corporation and they are in the business of making money off of people who can't seem to get it into their heads that, that is all they are, they haven't been selected by God, Satan or anyone else to do a damnthing, they are strictly in it for the money.

And for sure, they don't announce it when they are selling property and making millions off of it, the money that bought it in the first place was due to donations (however forced through guilt triping) One only hope there is a massive 10.0 earthquake in wakhill and it does every damn one of those self righteous anus circles in.

• cattails
    cattails
    Thank you for this update, Iloowy, buzzkid, cattails.

Hah! No LWT this bit of news I got at my KH this week, just me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't understand the 55-year-old cut off. A retired brother who is over 60 could give more time much easier.

I guess they want to start making younger brothers feel "spiritual." I imagine they will be dipping into the over 55 pool.

For their effort, a brother giving as much as 3 months will get a pat on the back and they will ask him to donate for his food and lodging while he was breaking his back for 8 or more hours per day. The odd thing is, many would still prefer to do this rather than get 10 hours per month of actual field recruiting service.

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe the older theY get the more opinionated they get about how to build...............

• sir82
    sir82
    I don't understand the 55-year-old cut off.

Insurance / liability issues? They have to pay more if old(er) people are working on a construction site?

In my experience, if there is some JW policy or doctrine you don't understand, there is very very likely a financial or liability-risk reason behind it.

• besty
    besty

the alchemy continues, albeit more modestly

don't forget they are selling some of the most expensive real estate in the world and converting it into a rural out of town offfice complex

all for the sake of bandaging their cashflow nightmares

this is good news if you consider a 10 year time scale - they are becoming more irrelevant every day

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I don't understand the 55-year-old cut off.

This is a construction job. They need strong back and (preferrably) weak minds.

It's a straight-forward business decision.

• yknot
    yknot

The project taking several YEARS is what made my eye's gloss over........ but hey now you R&F don't go to college for several years because there is no time left!!!!............... unless we are building a new building.....

I bet I know some folks in Spain who are now available for such a 'privilege'...........

Also in the announcements was the mention that 6000 Elders have attended Elder School and that the program would be expanded to districts/circuits via one week long Elder sessions......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit