Do You Support Freedom Of Religion?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, up to the point when you start blowing people up, then I must say that your religion sucks and should disappear.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well WD Christianity has done that, they're still here.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Christianity isn't threatening to bomb America in the name of Jesus. You never hear, "Jesus is great!" KABOOM! or "Long live Jesus!" KABOOM!

• White Dove
    White Dove

"No war was ever fought in the name of Wicca."--bumber sticker.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm talking about in my life time.

• monophonic
    monophonic

i don't support tax exemption of religions....they're some of the biggest money makers in the world.

and, jws are the largest offenders of brooklyn heights, owning property, not paying taxes AND not supporting the neighborhood by doing all things in house, from dry cleaning to eating, etc.

sure, believe what you want, but in the end all religion is business.

now i'm going to start a church and we're going to worship polluted rivers.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Very good question.

I have thought about this quite a bit lately.

My answer is - no I do not. Not at all costs.

Too much evil and nasty behaviour is hidden under the cloak of freedom of religion.

When you stop and think about it....what does freedom of religion really mean? What kind of freedom does one have when they have "freedom of religion".

Are you free to kill someone if your it is part of your religion?

Are you free to seriously harm someone if it is part of your religion?

As yoda might have said: Where do we draw the line, but draw it we must....

The Oracle

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If a religion is trying to force others to become involved without their consent (such as Jehovah involving us in His personal battles) or is telling lies to get innocent people to join and then slams the exit doors in their faces, they should not be allowed to do that. Otherwise, a person should be free to believe as they well please. If someone chooses to believe that the world will end in 2011, so be it--they should be free to believe that. However, if they choose to force me to believe that the world will end in 2011 and keep me in a structure of rules (with artificially added consequences for breaking those rules), I have a big problem with that.

• minimus
    minimus

Wiz, I hear ya!

• Caedes
    Caedes

As long as a religion doesn't harm either it's members, children or other people and doesn't seek to control non-members by infiltrating religion into politics then I fully support a persons right to worship as they choose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit