Do You Support Freedom Of Religion?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think MOST religions have their good and bad points about them. Some religions (most) teach if you're a "bad" person or a sinner who doesn't become "born again", that you're going to burn in hellfire forever and ever! Some religions teach intolerance toward "infidels" or "apostates". Some claim that you must employ "gits of the spirit" to prove you're a true Christian. Some religions believe Satan is God.

Even if you disagree with certain aspects of a religion, do you still support the freedom of that religion?

• blondie
    blondie

Do you think being without religion makes a person without intolerance? I don't think so.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In the end, people choose who and what to follow, it is THEIR responsibility and no one elses so yes, I support freedom of religion UNLESS a religion ( not those that follow the religion) advocates the death of people, ANY people.

I am not talking about warning against death as a punishment for unbelief of sin, I am talking about a religion that in their doctrine tells its followers to go out and kill or harm people intentionally.

• undercover
    undercover

Yes. Even for JWs. People should be able to choose the faith, if any, of their choice. I don't have to agree with it, I don't have to adhere to it, but if others want to follow it, they should have the right and freedom.

All I ask is seperation of church (any church) and state, but that's a whole nuther issue.

• beksbks
    beksbks

What UC said.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I support freedom of religion to the extent that it does not encroach on anyone's freedom. The minute a religion negatively effects the rights of someone who chooses to disbelieve, they are themselves trampling the rights of 'freedom of religion'.

W

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

If a religion brings happiness to an individual without doing harm than absolutely.

• wobble
    wobble

Finally-Free put it so well above, if only all religionists ,and even atheists sometimes, would recognize the truth in those words, the world would be a much better place, in fact the real world would be very like JWN.

Love

Wobble

• JeffT
    JeffT

Yes. Unless something is otherwise against the law (such as the renegade LDS people marrying children) I think religion should be free to do as it pleases.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Here in the USA it doesn't matter if you suport or don't support it. It is a constitutionally protected right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit