would there be any reason for you to attend another church?

by highdose 34 Replies latest jw friends

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

i will probably run out screaming 5 mins later but there you are...

Why would you do that? That is part of the JW brainwashing. Try listening to the sermons on the radio. Good stuff there even if you don't believe all of it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

With the exception of weddings and funerals... No.

• undercover
    undercover
    Try listening to the sermons on the radio. Good stuff there even if you don't believe all of it.

Better yet, watch some TV evangelists...they're funnier...and you don't have to get all dressed up and go out anywhere.

• zarco
    zarco

I doubt we will ever join a church. We have been to a couple of Catholic weddings. One was incredible in which a liberal Priest from Berkeley handled the service for our liberal friends. We had a blast. At the reception we ended up seated next to the Priest and sipped wine with him and talked about all sorts of subjects. It was interesting to us how well educated and worldly-wise the Priest was. We had been conditioned to expect less.

The second Catholic wedding was a traditional Latin Mass combined with a wedding. It was beautiful, but a little too scripted for our tastes and the Priest seemed a little pretentious.

We have decided that Yosemite is our new church, although we will attend at the California Coast from time to time. No tithing and we feel as close to god there as we do anywhere.

zarco

• beksbks
    beksbks

I think it would be great to associate with like minded people, and sing songs. But I would need to find one that has nothing to do with religion.

• undercover
    undercover
    I think it would be great to associate with like minded people, and sing songs.

Have you tried karaoke?

• beksbks
    beksbks

No, but I have tried Dead shows!

• undercover
    undercover

Singing Dead songs and hippie dancing and um, other stuff...that's better'n any religion

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi HD,

I', begining to feel curious about the church up my road, just curious, thought about popping in there one sunday

I agree, you should check it out, might be cool :)

i will probably run out screaming 5 mins later but there you are...

I agree, WT propaganda likely still lingering? The truth is that with a Christian church you are free to leave but you won't have to lose you family and friends.

Let us know how you get on :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Nothing has really pushed me to go to Church, no real motivation factor to be truthful, not compelled to.

Maybe if my little ones ask me to take them or maybe since the eldest has gone to the KH already I might take here to one for here to see the difference.

Not really sure to be honest...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit