would there be any reason for you to attend another church?

by highdose 34 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

i don't mean go back to a kingdom hall, i mean other religons any of them. Can anybody think of a reason that they might do this?

I', begining to feel curious about the church up my road, just curious, thought about popping in there one sunday, i will probably run out screaming 5 mins later but there you are...

???

• White Dove
    White Dove

Do it! The first time is scary, but then you will see that they are the same ones in the community at the store and bank that you run into every day. I've found church people to be very nice, too. There is no love bombing as if you are their long lost sister. The sermons in every church I've visited is about praising God and helping others. The world is your oyster. Explore it!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I wondered for years what could possibly cause someone to actually LIKE going to church, and yet several of my friends seemed to enjoy it very much indeed! I could not IMAGINE myself EVER going to ANY church for ANY reason (other than a friend's wedding.)

And then... it happened. Something appealed to me... something called to me... something resonated with me. Now, I understand.

Go check it out. Don't let our joyless upbringing spoil you for other opportunities that could possibly be good for you.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I might if hot chick push me into it, otherwise I prefer not to go to any Church.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are good reasons to attend another church. The most obvious is that you still want to serve God, but you realize that the witlesses are not the truth or cannot bear the bad treatment at the Kingdumb Hell. Another would be to disassociate yourself in lieu of writing a disassociation letter (or in addition to the letter).

Additionally, if one likes a portion of what the church does, one can join for that. You do not have to believe everything the church teaches--however, if you get benefits that exceed the total cost of joining the church, I see no reason why you cannot or should not join. Just make sure you know all the costs of being a member of that church before joining--go online, visit several churches, compare doctrines, ask what happens if you believe only 80% of what the church teaches but wish to continue going, and learn what is required for basic membership. Also, see how much pressure there is for advanced levels of membership (such as mentoring, missionary work, monastery style work, and the like) and if you are willing to do such if there is sizable pressure to do so. And, whether there is tithing requirements or whatever the total money contributions you are expected to make as a member.

• nelly136
    nelly136

weddings or funerals maybe.

other than that ive been to a couple and though they were welcoming (more so than the kh) it still reminded me of the meetings, my zzz zone wanted to take over.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Oh I don't mind popping into churches - it's quite an eyeopener to see how others worship - plus it aided in stripping away some of the rigidness of the JW way - for me that is.

I'll go into temples, churches - doesn't phase me - I enjoy the different experiences.

• xeracia
    xeracia

Never. Nuh uh. No way. Well....only if my children were to ask me to take them. I told them I would take them to church if they got curious. And then it would be to many different churches so they could see how they differ. Otherwise...I'll pass.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I would suggest all ex-jws to do it, even if you have no religious interests. It's positive way to break down the stereotype JWs have built up in you.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Music, food and association.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit