If Jehovah uses only the Witnesses in his preaching work,why don't they have a real message?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Jonah 3
    Jonah Goes to Nineveh

1 Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah a second time: 2 "Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you." 3 Jonah obeyed the word of the LORD and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very important city—a visit required three days. 4 On the first day, Jonah started into the city. He proclaimed: "Forty more days and Nineveh will be overturned." 5 The Ninevites believed God. They declared a fast, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth.

I no longer believe in the story of Jonah. But as Jehovah's Witnesses we believed that Jonah was given a real message to declare to the people of Ninevah. He gave them a warning that they were to act upon.

Today,there is no real message but just Watchtower and Tract presentations. If these are really ''the last days'', why doesn't Jehovah have a real message for the Witnesses to preach?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

The message is clear. So clear you can see right through it.

But seriously, I do think they have a bit of a message, as dark as it might be...it goes something like this:

There is a great monster called Jehovah, who is such an ego-maniac he demands to be worshipped day and night by all creatures in the universe. He is a very powerful and jealous creature. Trust us, he will rip you to shreds, and you and your young children will die a horrible death at his hands if you do not praise and worship him. And guess what? The only way you can praise and worship him, is if you join our group - the Jehovah's Witnesses. And even though we appear to be a quirky religion formed in the late 1800s by a nut job who believed the measurements of the passageways in the Great Pyramid pointed to the year 1914 as the date of Armageddon, we are actually "The Truth" and even though we have made mistake after mistake after mistake and have changed our teachings over and over again, we finally have it right now and you really should think about having a free home bible study with us.

The Oracle

• parakeet
    parakeet

1 Then the word of the LORD came to dubs a second time: 2 "Go to the great cities of the Earth and proclaim to them the message I give you." 3 the dubs sorta obeyed the word of the LORD and went to most of the great cities of the Earth. Now the Earth is a very important planet—a visit required three stops at Dunkin' Donuts. 4 On the first day, the dubs went into the cities. They proclaimed: "We're not sure and we've been wrong at least 5 times, but we keep guessing that soon the earth will be overturned." 5 The Earthlings believed common sense. They declared the dubs a cult, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on angry faces whenever dubs come to their doors.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

THE ORACLE & PARAKEET

Thanks for your great posts! I'm laughing as I write this.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If a real message existed, plain as day, then no endless amount of WT literature would be needed.

WTS is a printing corporation. Endless amounts of literature is what they want the members to buy (donate for) and place.

• moshe
    moshe

You will give a JW fits when you ask them them to tell you what the good news of the kingdom is- in their own words- and then after they have done that (some JW's can't!) ask them to show you where the Bible teaches that. They will then fall flat on their face- they can't find anything specific in the Bible at all.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

why doesn't Jehovah have a real message for the Witnesses to preach?

He does..

Your just not Listening!..

The message is:

" DO WHAT EVER THE WBT$ SAYS"..

That message is directly from God..

The WBT$ says so!..

Now get with the Frigg`n Program!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

JWs will definately disagree with you. They believe they do have a message that they have to preach: Matthew 24:14 - about the good news of the kingdom. Though of course you have to belong to their group to benefit from that kingdom.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Their message is "Real soon, Jehovah is going to destroy the world--and, unless you become one of Jehovah's Witlesses, you will be destroyed along with it". Notice there is no time limit--it is already 135 years late as of 2009 (I am posting that date because I suspect they will be preaching the exact same message in 2109).

Now, I will not agree that the Bible has any truth--Jonah could well be fiction, a hyperbole, or a hallucination. However, at least there was a definite message with a time limit. Jonah only had 40 days, and once that time was up, that was the end of it. And, when his subjects paid heed to the message, the destruction was cancelled because the message did its job. I did not remember any date in the future that the destruction was put off to in that account, nor do I remember any day "in the near future".

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You're right, they have no message. I've argued that with my mom more than once. Go up to the average person on the street and ask them "what do JWs believe?"

You'll get a lot of 'well no Christmas or birthdays' you might even get some 'well they don't believe in jesus...' You will never find someone who says 'they believe that soon Jesus will return in kingly power to rule for 1000 years on a paradise earth with the 144k and then the final judgement will be at hand and those that do good will live forever in paradise under jehovah god...' Hell you won't get that from most JWs!!!

So what is the big dog gonna JUDGE people on? The fact that they turned someone away from there door because they thought that they weren't even christian? It's soooooooo stupid!

I mean the last time the witnesses came to my door the kid (older kid too) tried to sell me an awake about squirrels or some shit! So the big J is going to kill me at armageddon cause I didn't want to buy a magazine about squirrels? STOOOOOOPID!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit