Did You Have Any Weirdo JWs In Your Hall?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I had one that wanted me as his property. He wanted me to throw away every single record album (under threat that my house would be destroyed--did not work, because it was an apartment). He wanted to make SURE I did not celebrate the holidays (before I was even baptized or an unbaptized publisher). He wanted me to go out in field circus from 1-3:30 PM one afternoon, and then expected me back out at 9 the next morning despite knowing I worked evenings until sometimes 1 AM. He insisted on a very hard bang on the door beam, not a fake doorbell ring or a more moderate knock on the door itself.

Once he moved, he became the manager of an apartment complex (which must have been very hard on the tenants in that complex). He wanted me to move into an apartment there (it was in a very bad area in the city, and I was then in merely a "bad" area). He offered me a rent that was $5 off what I was then paying, but I had to pio-sneer (at this time, I was not even baptized). It also meant an extra 5 miles of commuting to and from work each way--more than offsetting the $5 "savings" on the rent (which was, as was, under $300 a month).

Failing that, he did manage to sell me a crap air conditioner (a little window unit that wasted $100 a month on electricity bills and did little else). The price was $100 (I could have gotten a new air conditioner, that was more efficient, for not much more than that). The worst part was when I found 4 $50 bills in the direction envelope--when I reported it, he specifically told me where to put each $50 bill (into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund). That was a total waste of $200, which could have provided one or both of us a little fun.

Additionally, this slimebag told me what kind of things to get for field circus. He basically wanted my suits dry cleaned every other day. He wanted me to use liquid laundry soap only (and, at that time, liquid soap was markedly inferior to powder and to today's better liquid soaps). He gave me a piece of s*** ironing board, and specifically told me what kind of iron to get. It seems he wanted me to become a clone of himself--and his nephews (some of which I have had nothing but the kind of bad luck with that they attribute to "demon possessed" objects).

Going beyond that, he was out of my face for a period of several years for being inactive, disfellowshipped, or in other congregations. But, several years later, he became a department manager at a supermarket and wanted me to work directly under him. As I would be working for the store, and the pay was better than what I was making, I took it--through the management of the store (who wanted me to work in two different departments, not solely in his department). He ruined the department, doing things that did not work and refusing to revert back when finding out that they did not work (blowing up buffer pads by reusing single-use pads, ruining chrome plating with use of acid cleaners, etc.) He also wanted me in his department all the time instead of helping the night crew stocking (which was what I was initially supposed to have been doing).

Also at that time, he made a second attempt to get me to move. This time, rather than moving into an apartment complex, he wanted me to be his roommate! This was a blatant attempt to fix it so everything I did was what he told me to, plus he has a history of frequent moves (which I did not want). When I moved into a different complex, he organized a Crap Collection Drive to get me used-up crap for my move-in (which I have been spending the better part of 2009 replacing with real good stuff). The purpose of this was to create the illusion of being generous while merely unloading crap that has seen the end of its useful life (plus wasn't worth anything new), plus to create a sense of indebtedness to allegiance to him (going to boasting sessions, going in field circus). And, when I started skipping boasting sessions, he was working on alarm clocks that would physically drag me to the boasting session.

Needless to say, I found this humanoid to be extremely obnoxious.

• blondie
    blondie

Just me

• Anator
    Anator

There were many, but the one I remember the most was this sister who bought two small dogs. Well, these dogs kept trying to mate and she had quite a time of keeping them separated because they wanted to fornicate "as she put it". She frantically called an elder to "marry" these dogs due to there insatiable desire for sex. After all, the scriptures do say "Better to marry than to be inflamed with passion". She was a wife of an 'MS' and she was also worried that her 'MS' husband would lose his privileges as an 'MS' due to her dogs loose conduct.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

There was a 'study' in my cong that has mental issues (and was formerly an alcoholic). This pervy brother in the cong 'found' her in service one day and hooked her up with a pioneer as a study> Turns out that this study and this brother were having a relationship...and so he got DF'd (for the 3rd time). Either way, she continued to study and was seriously 'touched - and not by an angel either'. She would refuse to wear a bra but LOVED sundresses which also exposed all her tattoos, she shaved her head really close, and also sometimes would NOT wear her false teeth...then she would comment about how GREATEFUL shew as to this brother who FOUND her and helpled her study and learn about Jehovah and she would gush on about this dude...so it was painfully obvious that she was STILL in love with the dirty old perv.

• AMomentWeBothKnew
    AMomentWeBothKnew

I can't believe some of the stories I'm hearing. I've attended three congregations in my day, and haven't heard anything like these stories.

• undercover
    undercover

Yea, there have been more than a few weirdos pass through during my years. I was associated with a few different congregations and it seems each one had its share of weirdos.

I remember the sister who had been raised by her senile, crazy-as-a-loon non-JW grandmother and never introduced to haircare products, makeup, toothbrush or a razor. She had no sense of clothing taste or style. Like wearing stripped socks with a plaid country-style dress, hair some kind of rat's nest and breath that would have sent Godzilla back to the ocean floor.

Then there was the weirdo hippie guy who wore a dress (we called it a dress....it was actually some kind of long tunic) to the meetings and would try to answer every question during the WT study. The conductor refused to call on him because of his nonsensical ramblings.

There were other people who were borderline weirdo. A lot of Pioneers fell into this group...more than the average dub. I think they were sincere but just not quite right. They were usually over zealous about service and always "up". And "praise jehovah..." this and "praise jehovah..." that. Like they were overdosing on their depression meds or sumthin...

But, at times, I was probably viewed as weird. I never felt like I belonged. Even when I made friends and had a social life, something felt off. I felt like I was outside looking in, never invited, never "one" of the gang. And I didn't mind being different to a degree, refusing to conform for conformity's sake. When you're a teenager and even young 20s, not conforming to the social norm of whatever group you're in is to be labeled as weird and different.

• Anator
    Anator

My goodness 'AMomentWeBothKnew', it's hard to beleive you haven't heard any. I've should of trusted my gut instinct when I first came in to the org when a sister almost talked my wife into throwing everything we own, (and I mean everything) out in the trash, thinking that because most of the items we owned are used....well this gal believed that all of our items were full of demons. The stories I got from this gal was staggering. One story she gave (and take it for what's it worth), she said she threw out a painting that was given to her in the trash, only to find that same painting back in her apartment when she returned. She was a demon-freaked fanatic.

• minimus
    minimus

Wiz, I think this guy thought you were his. What I don't understand is why you kept going back.

• minimus
    minimus

Anator, thaT"S FUNNY....dOGS fornicating.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

My parents. My mom in particular. My mom is one of those people you never ask "how are you doing?" Because she'll tell you (at length) and it usually ends up being about her bowel movements. I spent my entire life being embarressed by my parents. bleh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit