Anybody been dead before?

by Snotrag 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I remember as a believing JW, being relieved that if I died, I wouldn't feel any pain...I would just go to sleep. Even when I was df'd, I thought, the worst that could happen is I die...and be in a sleep state. big deal.
    Now, I know I don't know what will happen when I die and I'm ok with that. Ultimately, I have no control over it.

Amen!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Snotrag....perhaps you weren't "dead". How long were you without breath or heartbeat?

I have also heard of a belief that whatever you expect to see in the afterlife is what you will receive upon death. So, if you think you are going to a place of light and peace where you will see loved ones again, that is what you will find. If you believe you have lived a bad life and are going to some kind of hell, that is what you will find. If you believe in nothing...no God of love....no soul journey....nothing!...that, too, is what you will experience....nothing. (Remember: Just when the caterpillar thought it was the end of the world, it turned into a butterfly!)

• parakeet
    parakeet

There's an episode of House where a young man deliberately electrocuted himself to experience the "white-light, all-encompassing-love" that supposedly accompanies the process of dying. The second time he tried it, he put himself into a coma.

House decided to try it for himself, and after calling for the crash-cart team, he stuck a fork into a socket and electrocuted himself and went into cardiac and respiratory arrest. When he was well enough to get around, he went to the young man's bed and said to him, "Liar."

• villabolo
    villabolo

Lack of breathing and no heart beat do not determine death. It is the death of your brain cells that finally kills you. Therefore if you have stopped breathing or have no heart beat you are dying but not quite there yet.

villabolo

• Leolaia
  • zagor
    zagor

I don't think people who had "visions of heavens" really died. What many of them experienced sounds very much like lucid dreams. The very fact that they've been brought back means they haven't died. Brain was still doing something. All so called post-death experiences are just brain still fighting and firing neurons. I hate to agree with wtbs on something but really there is no soul otherwise every single person out there would report exactly the same experience and not only a loud minority, which is statistically to be expected anyway but not significant enough to be taken seriously.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I was dead for an eternity, then I got borned.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Snotrag...you have a PM.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I never "died." What you are describing is called clinical death where the vitals are zero but the brain is still alive and so you have a chance of being brought back. Brain death is real death, although your vitals may be artificially kept alive. There is no turning back for the brain dead.

• Snotrag
    Snotrag

Thank you for your comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit