Anybody been dead before?

by Snotrag 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Snotrag
    Snotrag

By dead I mean not breathing and no heartbeat. It took me a year to remember that I felt ,saw, experienced nothing. The whole thing bummed me out even though I had bought in to what the teaching is before it happened. I started not caring about anything. I think I hav come out of the depression and now talking about it might help.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

By dead I mean not breathing and no heartbeat. It took me a year to remember that I felt ,saw, experienced nothing. The whole thing bummed me out even though I had bought in to what the teaching is before it happened. I started not caring about anything. I think I hav come out of the depression and now talking about it might help.

It says in the bible that the dead are conscious of nothing so why feel depressed because you expected to see visions of some sort?
  • freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

I apperently died for a few minutes from an accidental drug overdose but i was in a coma like state at the time from said overdose so i dont remember much from being dead or the day before or after that day,It should probably effect me more then it does.I feel nothing about the incident.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I tried it..

It was boreing..

Nothing to do..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

I feel nothing about the incident.

What do you expect to feel?
  • freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

scared,releived happy to be alive anything

• trueblue
    trueblue

It is a traumatic experience, of course you would experience depression. You may need some support to help you get over the shock before you develope PTSD.

PTSD seem to be my answer to things a lot lately but it wouldn't hurt for you to read a little about PTSD. Just google PTSD

• ninja
    ninja

nope ....although I broke my collar bone one time

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Years ago, I dated a guy that died in a car accident. He was brought back. I remember him talking about seeing nothing and was disappointed. I don't know what it means. I've read stories about people seeing a light or seeing people that had died before them. But I've never known anyone in real life that had experienced that.

I remember as a believing JW, being relieved that if I died, I wouldn't feel any pain...I would just go to sleep. Even when I was df'd, I thought, the worst that could happen is I die...and be in a sleep state. big deal.

Now, I know I don't know what will happen when I die and I'm ok with that. Ultimately, I have no control over it.

I hope you find peace.

lisa

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

A friend of mine "went to the other side, but they weren't ready for me and sent me back."

She is not afraid if death because, "I know where I am going."

She and her father were victims of an arson attack. Her father died. She is very scarred, but married and raised a family and is a grandmother now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit