African continent is falling apart... Why does Jehovah lets this happen?

by Albert Einstein 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

OK, I understand Jehovah doesnt get involved in an "grand issue" reagrding human goverments, but why does he let Africa fall apart?

Is not the Earth perfect?

How could JW explain this?

Albert

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread516032/pg1

African desert rift confirmed as new ocean in the making

In 2005, a gigantic, 35-mile-long rift broke open the desert ground in Ethiopia. At the time, some geologists believed the rift was the beginning of a new ocean as two parts of the African continent pulled apart, but the claim was controversial.

A new Ocean forming in the centre of Africa, now I really do find that coool!

Now, scientists from several countries have confirmed that the volcanic processes at work beneath the Ethiopian rift are nearly identical to those at the bottom of the world's oceans, and the rift is indeed likely the beginning of a new sea.

The new study, published in the latest issue of Geophysical Research Letters, suggests that the highly active volcanic boundaries along the edges of tectonic ocean plates may suddenly break apart in large sections, instead of little by little as has been predominantly believed. In addition, such sudden large-scale events on land pose a much more serious hazard to populations living near the rift than would several smaller events, says Cindy Ebinger, professor of earth and environmental sciences at the University of Rochester and co-author of the study.

It doesn't say how the rift will form into an ocean, or where the water will come from, but it's still amazing.

It's not often in the history of Earth that people can say they witnessed the birth of a new Ocean!

From the British Geological Survey

A BGS team are mapping the geology of the Afar desert in northern Ethiopia — reputed to be the hottest place on Earth.

Afar is part of the volcanically and seismically active portion of the African Rift and is one of the few places on Earth where we can witness plate divergence as the continental crust splits apart to form a new ocean.

The Afar Rift project aims to track the creation of magma (molten rock) from deep within the Earth, studying how it migrates and evolves as it rises towards the surface. We will study how the surface of the Earth reacts as it is thinned and split apart and how the magma is intruded into this thin crust to form the beginnings of a new ocean.
    Afar Rift Consortium

So it looks like the Rift will widen, eventually splitting the continent, becoming an ocean.

• highdose
    highdose

but this is what happens in geology though! Britiain is slowly moving towards france, the isle of wight will eventually join back up with the mainland. parts of scotland are trying to get to the US and the scottish moutains are still growing...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

See the Dec 7,2007, Awake! article about Lake Baikal

• highdose
    highdose

i'd rather not read any of that mind controling stuff black sheep, could you not just give us the gist of it?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Jehovah is the God of an American religion. He only recruits in Africa as He expands worldwide. Still, His main concern is around a dozen or so men in New York state. If He deems it appropriate, He will have them explain the rift in an Awake magazine.

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

highdose - Awake mind controling - who u tryn to fool

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

AE,

Africa falling apart is obviously happening because Satan is the real ruler of the world... unless this new ocean is something good, in which case, it is from Jehovah. Sorry, just puked a little.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It looks like "creation" is happening....

YHWH looks like he woke up from his 7th day rest... 2009, not 1975.... hmmmmmm

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Cause got hates ni**ers! I know that cause the watchtower said if you study the bible hard enough you'll turn white!

On another note that is SO COOL! It's stuff like that that makes me wish I COULD live forever just to watch things change over time. Of course it's not quite as cool as if the crack ran right under the sahara desert and bisected the continent that way but hey it's STILL pretty cool!

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Thanks for explaining Jeff, Billy, OTWO, Blacksheep. Now I understand and I can use this pint upcomming Saturday in service.....

Albert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit